PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Manifold on a 360

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rs83cj7
04-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Anyone have any issues getting exhaust work done after they swapped in a 360 in a CJ7?

Driver sdie manifold is very close to the shifter linkage. It (shifter lever) hit the manifold before I grinded on the lever a little. Base of the manifold is also close to the brake line distribution block mounted on the inside of the frame.

I'm not sure if they can get the exhaust bent around enough to attach it to the manifold.

Motor came from a Waggy. Are the exhaust manifolds different for my application?

tomcat
04-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Not sure if the FSJ and CJ manifolds are the same. Im just using headers. And yes, on the cjs its generally a tight fit. You can play a little bit with the motor mounts, depends also how straight your frame is.

tufcj
04-23-2007, 10:29 AM
You must have late model (for a Jeep) manifolds. Passenger side is the same on all, but some time in the mid 80s they changed the driver side on Wagoneers. The early ones have the outlet just behind the 2 center ports, the later ones are way to the rear.

Sounds like you have the late manifold.

Bob
tufcj

rs83cj7
04-23-2007, 10:31 AM
You must have late model (for a Jeep) manifolds. Passenger side is the same on all, but some time in the mid 80s they changed the driver side on Wagoneers. The early ones have the outlet just behind the 2 center ports, the later ones are way to the rear.

Sounds like you have the late manifold.

Bob
tufcj

Sounds like I do. Thanks for the input. I'll have to see about getting a drives side manifold from an earlier 360. Can it be from an early 304?

ironman_gq
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
you should be able to use one from a 304 they should all be the same

CJim7
04-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I agree. My 401 is out of a '77 J10 and the ds manifold dumps out just behind the center ports as Bob mentioned.

Bulltear Ad