PDA

View Full Version : Is the forumla correct?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
04-24-2007, 03:30 PM
IF U drop air temp 1* U will gain 1 HP. So the lower the air temp the more HP U will gain. I was just thinking of cold air intake into a engine & how some of them are set (or modified air cleaner) up sucking in the engines comparment warm air.

fifesjeep
04-24-2007, 05:03 PM
On Ricers You'll see a lot of GOOD COLD AIR INTAKES taking the air from the front bumper area.... (Funny as hell when they drive through water :!: ).... Others will draw air from the fenderwell "area"... There's other options... probably a lot cheaper if you have the skills and time...

rollbar
04-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Ya, probably a snorkle would be the best don't U think?

Goose
04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Snorkles are ok. but they can be counter productive.. thats a lot of tubing and bends etc.. you can easily screw up the flow if you arent careful..If I were building a "snorkle" I would increase the diameter of the tubing to 4"or 5" or so this would mitigate the effects of adding 6' more tubing.
So the real question is If cold air is what you want.. whats wrong with a hoodscoop??(I know "Old school" but hey it works.)

fifesjeep
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Snorkles are ok. but they can be counter productive.. thats a lot of tubing and bends etc.. you can easily screw up the flow if you arent careful..If I were building a "snorkle" I would increase the diameter of the tubing to 4"or 5" or so this would mitigate the effects of adding 6' more tubing.
So the real question is If cold air is what you want.. whats wrong with a hoodscoop??(I know "Old school" but hey it works.)
I agree... if you do use a snorkle move up in size... to keep the volume etc... not sure about velocity I guess you can neck it down next to the carb... But if you don't plan on slamming through mud/water... Hood scoop all the way... just take your time etc... My buddy has his snorkle inside his Jeep... next to the top right corner of the windshield... his top piece rotates inward so when he goes into the water at Mach IV no water gets induced :mrgreen: into the engine

rollbar
04-26-2007, 02:57 PM
:t:

Bulltear Ad