PDA

View Full Version : anyone know this 318is??

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

1980_Cj7
04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Can anyone advise me how to resolve my problem I have a Western Digital 500GB external hard drive, and yesterday when I attempted to open it I received the following message:- The disk in Drive
No, don't know the actual code I could probably run over to the mechanic's and find out, but I live in Michigan and don't have to put the vehicle through an emissions test Online I can get a repla
I feel demoralized and defeated right out the gate on this deal Seems somehow the fox is running the chicken coop It’s an important time for leadership to organize and motivate the individual on the
B. Effects on the cardiovascular system to each other and to the H-rev107 family chemisorptive coupling of a disulfide

jeepsr4ever
04-25-2007, 03:43 PM
That must be a reman dizzy! Yes on the remans the housing can sit in too far. If I remember correctly we had about 5 bad ones in here last year

1980_Cj7
04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
MC, yes, I think it may be a reman. We were taking an air-conditioner compressor mount off a 360 in a Waggy in a junk yard and saw that it was in excellent condition, so we took it too. It was too new looking to be original. In fact, the whole engine looked too clean like it may have been a reman engine.

What does it rub against exactly, the cam gear?

jeepsr4ever
04-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Yes the cam gear rubs there. You can take a Oring and use that as a spacer. It isnt critical you should find a way to push that dizzy up however.

82Waggy
04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
How would the cam gear rub it all the way around, or is it just in one spot?

1980_Cj7
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
How would the cam gear rub it all the way around, or is it just in one spot?

It's hard to tell in the pic above, but it is actually only in one small area, I'd say about a 90 degree arc. I'm thinking it's in that big of an area due to turning the distributor housing trying to get our timing right. The housing is supposed to be beveled on the bottom the whole way around. This pic might show the extent of the worn spot a little better

https://home.comcast.net/~rwsr50/ComcastOnlineStorage/Distributor_Wear_004.jpg

Blown7
04-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Install the Unilite and be done with it.
:lo1l:

Jeff

82Waggy
04-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Unilite? Yuk!! :badgrin:

Pro billit Magnetic!!!!

Just Kidding.

I think your right Cj7 - much better pic.

1980_Cj7
04-26-2007, 06:27 PM

Jeff

That's what I started out to do, but then saw the difference in connectors and all, and thought maybe I'll just put the old one back in just to get this thing back on the road as quickly and painlessly as possible, until I saw the damage. Guess I'll start shinin' up the Unilite.

I'm a little confused on how it gets wired though. The dizzy has red, green, and black wires going to a connector. The other half of the connector has the same three wires, red going to + on the coil, green going to - on the coil, and black going to ground. The resistor has a wire running from one side to the + post on the coil. The other side of the resistor is empty.

Don't I have to tie the Duraspark box in some how?

ironman_gq
04-26-2007, 07:50 PM
I think the red and green wires go to the ignition box and then there should be wires from the box to the coil. The dizzy just tells the box where the engine is in its cycle and the box tells the coil when to fire.

Blown7
04-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Jeff

That's what I started out to do, but then saw the difference in connectors and all, and thought maybe I'll just put the old one back in just to get this thing back on the road as quickly and painlessly as possible, until I saw the damage. Guess I'll start shinin' up the Unilite.

I'm a little confused on how it gets wired though. The dizzy has red, green, and black wires going to a connector. The other half of the connector has the same three wires, red going to + on the coil, green going to - on the coil, and black going to ground. The resistor has a wire running from one side to the + post on the coil. The other side of the resistor is empty.
The other side of the resistor is connected to ignition "on".
There is NOTHING else to connect. It's very simple
Forget about anything else. :lo1l: .
Use the first diagram
http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/Unilite_Wiring.pdf

Jeff

Don't I have to tie the Duraspark box in some how?

1980_Cj7
04-27-2007, 02:45 PM
The other side of the resistor is connected to ignition "on".
There is NOTHING else to connect. It's very simple
Forget about anything else. :lo1l: .
Use the first diagram
http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/Unilite_Wiring.pdf

Jeff

Nah, I'm not doing that. That's definitely WAY too easy! I'll have to find some way to complicate things. Can't be havin' any of them EASY buttons on our Jeep!

No, seriously, I'm luvin' it! It will be great to get rid of the Duraspark box, or the hybrid box we built with the GM HEI module in it that we never could get to work right. I'm thinking if I use the OEM resistance wire, I won't even need to add the resistor.

You had mentioned to be sure to use a compatible coil, stock oil filled or one recommended by Mallory. Will a Ford e-core coil be OK?

Now the next thing I just thought of is we'll have to change the distributor ends on the brand new plug wires we set up for the TFI conversion. Unless...Mallory makes a cap to fit that has the HEI type terminals.

Bulltear Ad