PDA

View Full Version : emergency brake parts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

grignac48
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I need the emergency brake lever and that emergency brake cross bar for a 9" CJ rear axle. This is on an AMC20. Both sides. Anyone know where I can get them. Most of the kits don't include them and the guy that originally owned the jeep, rebuilt the brakes and threw those parts away. #-o

Thanks

tufcj
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
The CJ E-brake is a pedal on the left kick panel like old cars, not a lever on the floor between the seats. Check ebay, the pedal from a CJ or YJ from 76-95 will fit.

You might check www.omix-ada.com for the rest of the parts, MC here is a distributor for them. The bar that hooks the single cable from the pedal to the 2 cables from the drums is called an equalizer.

Bob
tufcj

grignac48
04-30-2007, 05:45 AM
I am talking about the lever that attaches to the rear brake shoe and the emergency brake cable. Then the cross brace that goes from the lever to the front shoe. This is in the rear drum.

tomcat
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I bought them long time ago (EIS). Dont have the numbers anymore. Check the size of your drums, some parts dont interchange between the big and the small drums

grignac48
05-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah I already found that out. I have a parts jeep and the drums are a different size. I already have new breaks and hardware in the other. I was hoping to find someone with a parts jeep that I could pay a couple of bucks for the four parts I need. I will try EIS :sa:

Bulltear Ad