PDA

View Full Version : Buddy had a break in

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Here is what happened, his words

I heard my wife screaming in the garage. This wasn't just a normal "yikes a cockroach" or anything, so I ran into the kitchen.

She was out of control - all I heard her say was "There's a man breaking in to the garage!". I ran to the bedroom and pulled out the .40 Ruger, went into the hall closet and pulled three clips. One clip went into the pistol, the other two into my pocket. I ran back toward the front door of the house and told my wife to call 911, let them know what I was wearing, and that I had a handgun and was going to the front part of the house.

She called 911 and I stepped out onto the front porch and locked the front door. I made my way in front of the garage doors and peeked around the corner of the house. It's pretty dark over there, but I could see a large figure of a guy shaking the doorknob on the exterior door that leads to the garage.

I jacked a shell into the chamber, tucked one of the extra clips into my belt, and inched around the side of the house. He cracked the door open and peeked his head inside the garage. I stood about 3 feet behind him, out of his range if he decided to turn around and punch or try to grab me. He didn't hear me come up behind him. I pointed the pistol at the back of his neck and said "I'm have a gun, I'm ex-Army, so if you don't want to die, lay down on your face RIGHT NOW!"

He slumped down to his knees without turning around and inched down onto his belly. He started saying something - I couldn't understand him very well, so I just told him to "Shut the Fuck Up or I'll Tag Your Ass". I moved the pistol into my right hand and pulled the cell phone out of my left pocket and dialed my dad's number (speed-dial one baby). Dad answered the phone and I said "I have a burglar on the South side of the house, he's on his stomach and I have a gun on him. " He replied "I'm 30 seconds away" and hung up.

Dad lives just a few blocks away - former marine - and he doesn't fuck around.

Julie inched around the house and gasped a bit - the asked me what he was wearing. I described him to her and she relayed the message to the 911 operator.

I told her to get back inside and lock the door, and if she heard a gunshot to go get the shotgun and kill the mf'er if he tried to get in the house.

By this time the guy is crying. I can hear him sob and see his torso moving up and down. Dad pulled up about two doors down...then I heard him say "behind you" and he moved to my left, about 6 feet behind me, his 357 magnum pointed at the fuck-nut lying on the ground.

He said "Okay you piece of shit. Here's what's gonna happen. You're going to sit up on your knees with your hands behind your head - fingers laced. Then you're going to stand up SLOWLY. You're going to take one step at a time, wedding style until you get to the driveway. Then you're gonna lay back down on your fat stomach face first. Got it?"

I just heard him moan in agreement. I looked down and there was a canvas bag by the guy's foot - nodded to my dad so he could see it, and kicked it out of the way about six feet. The guy did what he was told, my dad and I covering every angle on this dude, staying behind him the whole way. He staggered like he was drunk off his ass and started moving slowly toward the front door. My dad pulled the hammer back on his 357 and the guy stopped. "LAY THE FUCK DOWN!" is all I had to say and the guy laid down, right in the middle of my driveway, on his face.

The police showed up - about 4 of them, three cars total, and put spotlights on me, my dad, and the asshole. They told us to put the weapons down at our feet, put our hands where they could see them, and back away toward the front door.

We did what they asked, they came and cuffed the asshole, and they left him there, laying on the pavement. We told the cops our story, they checked our handguns for registration then gave them back, and then they put him in the car.

A few minutes later they pulled him back out of the car and searched him - found a small knife and a .22 pistol in his boot. One of the cars sped him away.

The cops told us he had some warrants, and since the door was opened by him he would be charged with breaking and entering and for the concealed weapons.

So that's it. Dad went home a little after this all happened. Julie freaked out and stayed up until 6am, when I got up for work. Everyone is okay, but my wife is really shook up. It might be a few nights before she's back to normal.

73hornut
04-27-2007, 08:05 PM
So what was in the bag?

rollen dean montoya
04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
ok now what was in the bag????????

jeepsr4ever
04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Didnt hear about that

BREK
04-28-2007, 06:56 AM
2 bad the guy didn't make it into the garage. Then your boy could of shot him and not got in trouble.

Lifted79CJ7
04-28-2007, 08:19 AM
:werecomingforyou:

runnamuck
04-28-2007, 08:51 AM
1 down, too many more to go. glad everything worked out.

tufcj
04-28-2007, 02:03 PM
The NRA runs a column called "the armed citizen". Sounds like a perfect submission.

Glad nobody was hurt, nothing lost, and another thieving scumbag is off the street.

Bob
tufcj

Goose
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Yep, another textbook example of being responsible for your own safety. sounds like he did a good job.

Mudrat
04-28-2007, 06:12 PM
HooYa!!!

Good on your friend and his dad :t:

Phil
04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
I love a happy ending! makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

If I could only find a woman that liked Hoppes #9 ...

PaintedRat
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Glad he caught him, without that .22 getting pulled.

Penguin
05-01-2007, 12:18 PM
That is how it should be.
You cannot do that in Michigan. They frown on people protecting themselves in this state.
You cannot detain anyone here and you cannot detain them at gunpoint. If a man is in your house carrying off your stuff, you cannot do a thing to him. If you really have reason to believe the person will harm you you can do something about that. But you better be able to prove he was going to kill you. Not harm, but kill you.
That is why I bought property in Colorado. You can shoot someone breaking into you house/car/garage.

Bulltear Ad