PDA

View Full Version : BULLTEAR ALTERNATOR BRACKET

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

JERSEYJOE
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH ALTERNATOR THIS BRACKET IS DESIGNED FOR. THE STANDARD DELCO DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK. I WANT TO USE ONE OF THE LATE MODEL GM HIGH OUTPUT ONES, BUT BEFORE I BUY IT I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WOULD WORK. THANKS

jeepsr4ever
05-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey Joe what is not fitting?

JERSEYJOE
05-03-2007, 07:52 PM
the standard Delco alternator has a smaller diameter hole. I did not want to use standard Delco, I wanted to use one of the high out put ones. A diagram might help. It's obvious where the top mount goes, on the intake and I assume this is for the thick part of the alternator, the curved barcket bolts where????

I was hoping that someone had used this before and could send a photo and a recommendation for an alternator.

By the way the alum pulleys are slick. A couple of locals stopped by and were impressed. They look great next to my Jet Hot shorty Headers.

And the pilot bearing fit like a glove.

1tuffcj
05-03-2007, 11:25 PM
hey joe i can't see the picture, i'm useing a hi output alt 140 amp. show me the pic maybe i could help, i had some problems with my bracketry. mikey. p.s hows the intake working out for you, did you use it yet?

JERSEYJOE
05-04-2007, 04:26 AM
Yes your intake is the one I am using. If you have this bracket could you shoot me a picture of it mounted. Exactly which alternator are you using? Thanks Mikey!!!!!!!!!!

send pic: jbelfiore@mercuryinsurance.com

1tuffcj
05-04-2007, 10:28 AM
joe i still can't see the picture, i'm running a powermaster alt

JERSEYJOE
05-05-2007, 06:27 AM
I DON'T HAVE A PICTURE, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOUR INSTALLATION.

Lifted79CJ7
05-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I have a 115amp (custom wound from all new parts) alternator for sale if you are interested. I used if for around 3k miles, then it has been sitting for the last 3 years. Let me know if you are interested!
Jack
lifted79cj7@aol.com

1tuffcj
05-05-2007, 10:44 AM
COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH ALTERNATOR THIS BRACKET IS DESIGNED FOR. THE STANDARD DELCO DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK. I WANT TO USE ONE OF THE LATE MODEL GM HIGH OUTPUT ONES, BUT BEFORE I BUY IT I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WOULD WORK. THANKS

sorry joe i just read the post again, i should of read the subject better. i don't have a (bulltear alt bracket), in your post i just thaught the picture did'nt come up on my screen, when you said (THIS BRACKET IS DESIGNED FOR). my bad!!!!!! #-o

jdubya
05-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm installing a CS144 on a AMC 360 using the Bull Tear Alternator Bracket.

I got the main bracket on with no problem:
http://www.jeepwagoneer.net/whitezombie/projects/alternator/CS144_Install_1/images/p1010011.jpg

However the bottom isn't even close to lining up:
http://www.jeepwagoneer.net/whitezombie/projects/alternator/CS144_Install_1/images/p1010008a.jpg

Has anyone done this install? Can anyone lend any advice?

JERSEYJOE
05-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks man that's what I wanted to see. I ran into the same \problem and I just wanted to know if it was me. what kind of alternator are you using?

Rhinolined360
05-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I think your leaking a little oil lol

Bulltear Ad