PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

82cherokee
05-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I have a 82 cherokee with a 360 in it. The other day I replaced the oil pump gasket. I kept the same gears in the pump. when I go and fire it up, there is no fire, it is just turning over. So toady I pull the distributor out and to my surprise half of the gears are all busted up and missing, same with the gears that they mesh with. :(:

These both are brand new, only a couple of week old and this was running like a charm before this. I need help, what could have caused this? Did taking the gears out of the pump and putting them back in move something around? Anything you got will be helpful. Thanks.

josh

82Waggy
05-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Did you check pump gear end clearance, couple the pump gear with the dizzy properly?

Sounds like the pump was bound up, preventing the dizzy and driven gear from turning.

82cherokee
05-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes the pump gear and the dizzy where together correctly. I think the gears had clearance. They were the same ones that were already in it, so I would assume that they had good clearance.

82Waggy
05-05-2007, 12:03 PM
But if your new gasket was thinner the filter adapter could have locked up the gears.

Bulltear Ad