PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Dash For 73 CJ5

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

redneckjeeper
05-05-2007, 06:42 PM
:-| Jeeps do you still make the stainless dash for jeeps. I am looking for some stainless steel to redo my dash. I want to make a custom dash for my 73. Dont know of any place except a local steel shop but I talked to them and they wont do anything that I want done to it. Any ideas?????? =D>

runnamuck
05-06-2007, 08:56 AM
why not just buy a stainless sheet and start from there. cj dashs are pretty simple.

i'm sure mc could make what you want but that's up to him.

tomcat
05-06-2007, 02:32 PM
The holes for the small gauges are easy (holesaw). The cut is also covered by the flange of the instrument.

The big hole for the speedo is pita, the speedo is mounted from the back so you can see the cut.

The studs you can weld from the backside.

The rest is more easy.

redneckjeeper
05-06-2007, 04:23 PM
:? I understand what size holes are for what gauge, read my message and that is that I want to customize the dash. It is not just as simple as getting a sheet and putting holes in it for gauges. I know bulltear use to sell the polished stainless dash with the steering column and glovebox already cut out and that is all I need for now. The rest of it I can do myself.. Thank you..

jeepsr4ever
05-07-2007, 07:03 AM
We used to produce the stainless dashboard but for the later jeeps. I dont even think the mounting holes are in the same place. :-|

redneckjeeper
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Pretty Please

redneckjeeper
05-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Jeeps could you sell me the piece of stainless Steel If I give you a pattern for the column and glove box cutout and the mounting holes..If I get it like that I can do the rest of the customizing myself as per the way I want it to be done... Pretty Please

Patf10
10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
yea i wish someone made dash panels for the mid year CJ5s, i messed mine up and would love to get one with the steering and glove box done

Dusty
10-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Logan's metals will make you a custom stainless steel.

check with this guy i think he's got the connection to them still. be sure you studdy the cad drawings they send you carefully. my dash came out 99% perfect within about an 1/8" on everything one or two holes were an 1/8" off but they were to the nats ass when i re studied thier drawings.

They do do a pre 75 dash we had one done for my buddy by them.

http://www.cyberjeep.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LMP-768600R&

Mudrat
10-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I enjoy dealing with the Morris folks there in FL. Good group, not always the best price, but customer service is great!!

Rhinolined360
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I made my dash out of oak, its looks better than any metal could

striker
11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I know this may sound dumb. but if you want a stainless dash and it needs to be cut, folded or really anything.. try your local A/C shop. I have worked in this field for abot ten years. Granted I'm not much of a mechenic but theres not much I can't do with light metal in sheetmetal shop at work. just ask if they build their on duct, if they do your in business. if you just talk to a worker(not owner) you could probably even get a trade going on.. who knows?

Bulltear Ad