PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up while building 360

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

PaintedRat
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
I thought I had my 360 about finished. Tming cover, oil pan, and intake are all buttoned on. While cleaning up, I found the oil slinger right where I put it so I wouldn't forget. Any chance I can get away without it? After work I'll pick up new gaskets. I'll need timing cover and oil pan, what about front seal? At least I didn't have it in the Jeep already.

Edit: Pulled the cover and fixed it. I just hate losing another evening of useful time for something so small.

http://www.geocities.com/thepaintedrat/4x4/engine/almostdone.jpg

tufcj
05-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Without it the front crank seal will probably leak. It's there to keep too much oil from getting to the front seal. It's easier to install now than when the engine is back in the vehicle. Without the harmonic on, all it will cost you is a timing gasket set and a little time.

Engine looks great, but it wouldn't have been my color of choice. :-|

Bob
tufcj

fifesjeep
05-10-2007, 10:49 AM
GRABBER GREEN BABY.... Same Color as my Engine.... hahahaha NICE! I'll :razz: to that one... Not too many care for that color that's why my motor is Sooooo Pretty! hahahha

PaintedRat
05-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah, a lot of my buddies haven't been able to express anything more than "That's Bright!" I think they are afraid I might have feelings. Body will be black, and some of the trim and cage will be Kawasaki Green.

Bulltear Ad