PDA

View Full Version : 401 rebuild

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

crownedclown68
05-17-2007, 07:20 PM
can anybody put together a build list to achieve 400 ponies and even more torque out of a 401 with an edelbrock pro flo fuel injection? i have a 76 chief w/t with a 6" lift and 35x12.5 rubbers. i did my tear down yesterday and to my novice eye i believe it only needs to be honed. my goals are to achieve the perfect mix (arent we all) of off road performance and streetability. it wont be a daily , but would like it to be capable if need be, i wont be entering any off road races or climbing mt. everest, but would like to if needed(lol). dependability/reliability is a big issue and i would like to maintain a shred of dignity when it comes to fuel economy. of course cost is an issue , but then again ive already purchased the pro flo. is there a basic rebuild kit i can start with and then just add/upgrade here and there? basically i want to achieve my goals with quality parts , but dont want something just because it looks or the name sounds cool. strictly just whats needed. thanks for any and all help. it will all be greatly appreciated and will return the favor if possable.

thanks
wayne

76 chief

82Waggy
05-17-2007, 08:56 PM
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6690

Bulltear Ad