PDA

View Full Version : Looking for radiator advice

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

hound51
05-18-2007, 07:58 PM
would like to know anyones experence or advice on what radiator brand or type i should go with.

Driving a 1976 cj-5, 304 engine. the jeep is a medium rock crawler and the engine is completely rebuilt from ground up with extra goodies in it.

any help is appreciated

jeepsr4ever
05-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Whats your location there hound? Welcome aboard!

hound51
05-19-2007, 02:11 PM
living in Hampton/Newport News, VA.

jeepsr4ever
05-19-2007, 02:15 PM
A regular stock radiator (304 for the year) may be fine but I would look into a high flow water pump as they cool extremely fast for low rpm lugging. The combination of a good 2 or 3 core radiator and a high flow water pump can really keep a AMC 304-360 cool. Are you experiencing some overheating issues? The reason I asked about your location was some areas like desert areas require the use of aluminum radiators and high flow water pumps to keep up.

fifesjeep
05-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey Hound,.... I have an extra radiator for the V-8 sitting under my steps/porch... (I believe it's an OEM replacement 3 core??? I'll have to look at it closer when I get home!). It just needs a little rinse here and there... I live in Norfolk Va... I'll be back in town Wednesday Night maybe Thursday morning... If Interested shoot me a PM.

tomcat
05-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Most important thing: Use a fan shroud, this helps more then core updates, high volume etc. Then you can do the rest of the mentioned upgrades.

I bought short time ago new NOS 3core radiator + new fan shroud from Collins Bros for a good price.

Bulltear Ad