PDA

View Full Version : power sterring line 0-ring

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

questmann
05-30-2007, 05:45 AM
so I have a leak on my power steering pump on my 360, its the type with the resivoure and pump in one. It's leaking out of the fitting for the high pressure line. Can anyone tell me what the set up is for the o-rings or seals on that line? I see an o-ring on the line and I see what looks like old pieces of some sort of a seal inside the pump part of the fitting.

Also, the pump on this motor and my old 4.0L from the YJ look the same and I'm using my YJ high pressure hose with 360 pump, anyone done this successfully? I think it's definitly an o-ring or seal problem. Thanks.

ironman_gq
05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
is the line an o-ring as well as the pump or is the pump built to use the flared ends they switched somewhere around 1980 i think that would definately cause your leak if they would even go together.

questmann
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
the 360 was an 87 and the line is from a 94 4.0L and they both are the o-ring type. but I don't know what goes into the pump side of the fitting, or is it just the o-ring on the hose? I'm pretty sure I saw a seal of some sort in another pump I looked at unless that was the pre 80 version. Let me know, my arms hurt from steering my 35" boggers with the belt off. haha

Bulltear Ad