hugh
05-30-2007, 08:29 PM
http://www.4x4preservation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280

jeepsr4ever
05-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Sounds just a tad tighter than we have here in MN :(:

Soylent_Green
05-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok, Here's the violations MY truck is guilty of....

1. absence of tire information placard installed by the original equipment manufacturer

2. mud flaps do not extend across the full width of oversize replacement tire/wheel assembly;

3. aftermarket fender flares do not extend beyond the full width of oversize replacement tire/wheel assembly;

4. loaded static tire diameter of an oversize replacement tire/wheel assembly exceeds 34 inches (864 mm) when measured horizontally at the wheel hub.

5. fuel tank from aftermarket modifications or a change in original location makes it more exposed and susceptible to being punctured in a crash;

6. shock absorbers are leaking oil or could be damaged by the full extension of the suspension travel; (I need new shocks, but can't tell because the springs are so stiff anyway)

7. bump stops were removed or mounted at a different location than originally intended;

Ummmmm. That's is for this particular law.....

rollen dean montoya
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
i see 4x4s out here that are way higher than my 4x4 suburban on 33's. guys and galls i've seen haven't had problems here in socal yet.there are a few running 44's . one dude has an 85 eagle that the rocker panels are higher than the roofline on my lincoln .

hugh
05-31-2007, 05:33 AM
Don,t forget these are proposed laws, they havn,t gone into effect yet. Here in Manitoba [which is north of Grand Forks, N Dak] most of these laws already apply. Usually they are enforced rather loosely depending on the mood of the police officer, type of vehicle, manner in which its being driven, age of the owner, you get the idea. Given the current political climate here though anything that is seen as "safety" and is anti big home built off road truck is fair game. :(:

rollen dean montoya
05-31-2007, 06:41 PM
that bites. at least here in the deserts of socal we still can
build toys the way we like as long as safety is not compromised.
and believe me i see all kinds of serious offroad toys being driven to johnson valley or stoddard valley

Bulltear Ad