PDA

View Full Version : 360 install

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

killahxft_jeep
06-29-2007, 03:25 PM
ok I went over my motor with a fine tooth comb everything int he bottom end looked good..put the oil pan on.. Squirted some oil at the lifters, some oil on the rocker sets.. and I stuck an oil pressure guage on it.. new NAPA gold stubby filter, and rotella T 15w40.. and sacrificed a cheapo screwdriver to test the oil pump.. spun it up, and easily got 60PSI at medium drill speed.. at a slow speed I was getting near 40PSI. and after I shut off the drill it slowly dropped pressure to zero.. Am I good at this range? the drill is a craftsman 18 volt.. planning to drop the motor in tonight, on everyones go ahead from here. got the flywheel back from the machine shop.. all nice & purdy.. I ainted the block/heads, valve covers, and oil pan a nice GM blue.. looks good.... will look even better with the edelbrock intake and carb sitting on top with the GM blue breather tube, and my new Summit Racing Blue 100AMP alternator.. and all new rad hoses.. hopefully by tomorrow I can have the engine running...

jeepsr4ever
06-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Yes you are good. The stock spring is rated between 65-75 and they can be all over the place (Oil pressure bypass). Now lets hear her rumbling! :idea:

Bulltear Ad