PDA

View Full Version : Guides to use Hydraulic Roller Lifters

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

A0M797X112187
07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Considering that our beloved AMC's share lifters with our MoPar bretheren, there HAS to be SOME way to utilize the hydraulic roller lifters they have had the benefit of for many years now. Have you looked into the feasability of making guides ( "dogbones" some call them ) that are for AMC lifter bore spacing that fit the Chrysler hydraulic lifters ? Once these would be available, it would be a simple matter to order a cam to use them. God knows I'd buy more than one set ! How about it MC ?
-D Payne

dwg86
07-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Crane already sells hyd. roller lifters for an AMC V8.

jeep_man_401
07-04-2007, 05:34 AM
I know you can buy solid lifters for AMC's. I guess Crane cams make a hydraulic roller lifter for the AMC also. Let me know on the price:) I want to go to one someday.

But that roller will require a anti-walk kit also. Anyone make cam "buttons" for the AMC. The Indy oil cover I am using has a machined surface for them and they claim it's thick enough.

A link...
http://cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&lvl=3&prt=117&action=partSpec&partNumber=86532-16

A0M797X112187
07-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Crane already sells hyd. roller lifters for an AMC V8.
Oh, yeah, Crane already has them for "ONLY" $525.95 at Summit Racing which is freaking insane !

I am talking about a part that would allow the use of INEXPENSIVE Chrysler OEM type hydraulic lifters.

I realize that to many folks here $525.95 is nothing, but to ME that is a significant chunk of cash compared to the Mopar Performance Parts #5249862 hydraulic roller lifters for a reasonable and sane price of $137.69 per set of 16 !

But that roller will require a anti-walk kit also. Anyone make cam "buttons" for the AMC. The Indy oil cover I am using has a machined surface for them and they claim it's thick enough.
I don't know about a cam button, but I have seen a retainer plate that you bolt to the block behind the cam gear, but I can't recall who it was making/selling them.

-D Payne

AMX69PHATTY
07-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Believe the Cam Anti-Walk plate is through the people in Florida, MadDog or the other folks, American Performance ?, www.oldcarparts.com , or maybe even Nick Alfano or something like that. The Cam Sprocket needs machine thinner on back to accomodate the anti-walk plate thickness right ?

Yeah, to get the Crane Hyd Roller Cam & Lifters is ~$1000 :shock:

Man the Mopar Hyd Roller Lifters are only ~$170 wow :shock:

I paid ~$120 for plain ol' Anti-Pump-Up Elgin Hydraulic Lifters :smile:

dwg86
07-04-2007, 04:25 PM
You can get a cam button from www.amracing.com. It is a nylon spacer that fits over the cam bolt. I used one on my 401...no problems yet. The plate that bolts on the front comes with a rollmaster timing chain with a bearing that goes against the block. I have seen them on ebay, but they are not cheap.

jeep_man_401
07-07-2007, 02:49 AM
I wonder if a person could just order one set of links for the AMC lifters threw Crane. Now you have a pattern...

Are you sure there is no differance between the Mopar and AMC roller lifter? Other than the link? I know Mopar and AMC lifters share the same part number.

I realize that to many folks here $525.95 is nothing, but to ME that is a significant chunk of cash compared to the Mopar Performance Parts #5249862 hydraulic roller lifters for a reasonable and sane price of $137.69 per set of 16
Funny I was reading the "what do you do" posts...man I think I'm on the lower end of the scale too. :!:

Can a person get a set of 2 rollers from Mopar? Man. I'm makings some calls today about this. :shock:

I used to work in a machine shop and these links could be mass produced pretty easly with a die. I've repaired many and made a few. Anyone intersted in links next 4th of July? :-|

What we also need a a set of 1 7/8 and 2" EQUAL length hedders...for under $350.

BREK
07-07-2007, 07:11 AM
I just checked and mopar part# p5249862 retails for $119.00

dadcat
08-20-2007, 06:25 PM
If any one is interested the Crane P/N for the hydraulic roller lifters is: 86532-16. Bring plenty of $$ and wait for delivery.

jeep_man_401
08-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Stock Mopar lifters are taller than crane....Meaning stock Mopar blocks have a higher lifter boss so the oil groove doesn't come out of the bock at high lift.

To bad a guy just can't push in a taller bushing and use chevy rollers. Without reaming and honing to Dia. Then there is the link problem with using a chevy lifter. If only I had a Bridgeport mill in my garage....

By the time you engineer around all that you could just as well bought Cranes lifter. Come on MC, buy a CNC bar feed lath. I'll help check the parts! LOL :lo1l:

Seems roller cams are going to stay at $1000 for everything for awhile... :-| :(:

Bulltear Ad