Lifted79CJ7
07-05-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=71257

rollen dean montoya
07-05-2007, 11:01 PM
i'll bet he was changing his shorts :shock:

Goose
07-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Yep..And it happens all the time. I used to see two or three a week all over the country sometimes camper trailers and sometimes car trailers.. the best was in Utah's Weber Canyon, A guy in a big ol' Duelie pickup pulling a 4 horse trailer at about 85 mph with 2 pallets of feed or something in very back of the trailer (this was a bumper pull not a goose neck) passed me and went into curve..man what a sight that was..

But you know, guys get away with it many times in a row with no sweat.. then all at once something changes.. go figure

FuzzFace2
07-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Had to be a ride I hope I never take!!! Got to give him some credit for having trailer brakes and hitting them & gas to pull it out of the sway!
My trailer bed is marked for my 2 cars, 1 is a short wb the other is long wb, this was done after I knew they where loaded right, pull them on to the make and tie them down.
If I tow some thing new on it I can tell when on the road first thing and if not right its pull over ASAP and fix it.
Dave ----

tufcj
07-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I have my trailer marked for the AMX and Jeep too. I figured out positions by getting the tongue weight to about 10% of the weight of the trailer and vehicle weight. Tongue weight is about 500 lbs for my AMX and nearly 600 for my loaded Jeep. If I tow an unknown vehicle, I watch the truck squat as it rolls forward to guesstimate the tongue weight.

My trailer will follow straight as an arrow as long as the tongue weight is right, too light and it wags like a dogs tail.

Bob
tufcj

rollen dean montoya
07-09-2007, 03:12 PM
i try to guess on the correct weight and balance(i'm an aircraft
dude so that is why the balance). get it right and its no sweat as long as you stay within the tow vehicles limits. get it wrong
and you get to witness what i did sunday. an idiot trying to fly
down ca-18 from big bear to lucerne valley and just about kill himself.was all over the place when he hit a posted 20mph
curve at 40 on a 16% downhill. the 1st thing he lost was his brakes cause he refused to use the low gear for easing down the hill. he was towing a 27 ft carrera boat.the tow unit, a
ford f150 4 door short bed.

Bulltear Ad