PDA

View Full Version : BAD FUEL PROBLEM NEED HELP!!!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mike4089
07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I got to school today and when i got out of the jeep i went inside and came back out because i forgot something...there was fuel pouring out of the drivers side from a line that has never been hooked up....looks to me like an old fuel return line...originally the jeep had the 258 now it has a 360...this line was hanging the day i bought the jeep 3 years ago....now gas is pouring out....i put a bolt in it and stuck it straight up on the firewall temporarily until i get home....what causes this and how do i fix it.....!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!

tufcj
07-16-2007, 06:35 PM
If it's near the firewall, it was probably a vent line that originally went to the charcoal canister. If you just filled the tank, the fuel probably expanded with heat, and took the easiest route out. Just leave it plugged where it is, or follow the line back to the tank, disconnect it and plug it there. You really don't need it unless they check for a charcoal canister during an emissions test.

Bob
tufcj

Rhinolined360
07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
If its a return line, I just left it hanging like you had it, I tore out all my emissions love i.e. the charcoal canister. I want to say that you want some sort of ventilation. If you plug it up, when you go to put gas in and it makes a nice hissing sound you probably need the ventilation, move that line higher than the tank, not inside your beast. Maybe you put in too much gas which made it come out the return line like a siphon, when gas is heated it expands (of course) maybe sending it into the return line.

Bulltear Ad