PDA

View Full Version : Full width kit suggestions for cj

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Dusty
07-17-2007, 09:55 AM
putting a dana 44 under the cj7 have a narrow track wagoneer axle. i dont really want to go shopping fpor a wrangler frame and looking at building my own stuff is an option but i seem to recall that there are some kits out now that make messing around with fabbing kind of mute .... like int he $300-400 range for the brackets and hangers.

My criteria i want the shackles to stay in the front all the kits i keep finding are SRS.

Any help guys?

tufcj
07-17-2007, 01:49 PM
All the kits I'm aware of do a shackle reversal. They usually incorporate the fixed mount into a replacement front bumper. Personally, I like the reversal, since it increases the approach angle some. I have a M.O.R.E. SRS on my Jeep, but I'm not full width. I like their system, since it sets the shackle into the frame, not below it, so it doesn't become a rock catcher.

I can't see why you couldn't fabricate brackets fairly easily to just move the stock brackets outward some. Some flat plate and triangular gussets is all it would take.

Bob
tufcj

Dusty
07-17-2007, 07:19 PM
thats what im thinking just hoped there might be a kit out there.

As to the shackles forward or reversed, i had reversal and found that the shackles in front worked a little better with my driving style.

thanks
Bob

Bulltear Ad