PDA

View Full Version : milodon system upgrade

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

x-man
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
i have the milodon pan with single line swivel pick-up and would like to plumb my accumulator along with a remote oil filter . looks like i need to purchase the 534 plate for this to happen as i dont want to drill any holes in the block . anything else i might need ? also would an upgrade to the HRC gears work with my existing timing cover ?

jeepsr4ever
07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
To plumb a #534 borrow advice from racer Hemmy Adktins and use the filter return for a accumulator/pressure sending unit and then plumb the oil into the stock oil pressure sending unit hole. This is ideal however if your motor is already together your stuck using the #534 the way it was meant to be used becasue shavings from drilling and tapping will get in your oil galleys. The first way I mentioned plumbing it is for applpications above 7500rpm. You can use T fittings on the return of your oil line from a remote filter housing made possible from using the #534. The #534 also allows you to plumb a line from your milodon pickup directly to the plate. I assume you already have the stock oil pickup tube hole blocked off?

HRC gears can be used in all AMC timing covers from 290-401

x-man
07-26-2007, 08:02 AM
yes the stock pick-up hole is plugged . thanks for the heads up .

Bulltear Ad