PDA

View Full Version : front & rear galley plug

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dadcat
09-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Help :smile: Having a real hard time trying to remove two front and rear galley plugs. I have one out of four done so far.
Allen wrench ( socket type ) is not getting the job done, put a breaker bar on the end and still they will not move ( Yes I'm going the right direction )
Put some P&N oil on the plugs a few times over night, still no go. Drill hole into plug and used large easy out to remove plug, broke the large easy out trying.
Any ideas out there? Thanks

82Waggy
09-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Little trick for you - break it loose by turning in the tightening direction until it pops, then back it out.

jeep_man_401
09-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Hit the plug with a hammer using a allen head socket?

Heat the block area around the plug with a small propane torch?

Drink another beer? :razz:

ironman_gq
09-26-2007, 08:45 PM
had the same problem. My solution was to start going to the weight room for a few weeks then have my buddy stand on the wrench while i wacked it till it popped :shock:

jeep_man_401
09-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Also a small tatical nuke would loosen it I suppose. 8)

1980_Cj7
09-27-2007, 08:11 AM
We couldn't get ours out either when we did the second rebuild, and they were new and only in for like 300 miles. We just gave up and sent it along to the machine shop. They must have had trouble too because they ended up drilling them out. Guess you can't use never sieze on them but have to use a sealant.

Wonder if an impact gun would jar them loose. We didn't try that.

ironman_gq
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
probably not a bad idea with the impact gun. but I like the nuke idea better it would not only loosen the plugs but clean the block and your garage and the house and the neighbors yard and most of the town as well. BUT your plugs would probably be looser :lo1l: :bazooka: :hotsun: :werecomingforyou: :banghead:

1980_Cj7
09-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Was just thinking though, do they make impact allen drivers? Impact guns are real hard on regular sockets and drivers. The set I have are not impact style.

Soylent_Green
09-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Go to checker and buy the individual one you need. The Powerbuilt tools have a lifetime warranty, so when you break it, just go back and get a new one. (just don't tell them you used an impact)

82Waggy
09-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Was just thinking though, do they make impact allen drivers? Impact guns are real hard on regular sockets and drivers. The set I have are not impact style.

Do what I said above. Turn clockwise until they pop and then back them out counterclockwise.

Impact all you want. All you will end up with is busted tools and plugs.

Take it from a guy that has broken down about 40 motors over the past 4 months.

tarior
09-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I used a hammer type impact driver on mine, worked like a charm.

Mudrat
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Go to checker and buy the individual one you need. The Powerbuilt tools have a lifetime warranty, so when you break it, just go back and get a new one. (just don't tell them you used an impact)
Ah yeah ... been there claimed that ... with Sears and Auto Zone :t:

Bulltear Ad