PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Japan?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
10-27-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking about going in the spring. Not sure why, just seems like a really far way from home, and not the usual vacation. Anyone ever been or can tell me when and where to go?

Phil
10-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I had a 2 hr. layover and changed planes it Tokyo once. Aside from that UMM,,, its an island, I like sushi and some of the women are cute.
Wish I could be more help.

Goose
10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Yo Mudrat!! Youre up... I know you know things about Japan.. or was it only Subic bay?? and the street of Poon-how-loooong

AMX69PHATTY
10-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Aint there somethin' in Japan called "Love Hotels" ??? try Google-ing that round-eye. :-|

grignac48
10-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Been a few years but. it is very expensive. Tokyo has some neat places. I did the climb to Mount Fuji and that was great. Nothing like lack of oxygen and a mountain to make you feel better. Tokyo Disneyland. Mickey mouse is popular there. The trains were easy to figure out as they are color coded and always on time. There is also the big Budha south of Tokyo which you can get to by train. There is also UENO zoo which is in the center of town near the Palace,.... I think. All of the people were polite. That doesn't mean they like you but are just polite. They will say Hai which means yes. Not yes to the question, but yes I see you are talking to me. Can be a lot of fun tho.

Lifted79CJ7
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Well I guess let me throw this out there - if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I want to take a vacation I will remember. I love it all if that helps - city, history, party, relaxation, heck, you name it, I am down. So anyone have any cool ideas for a trip? I don't want to spend more than $3 or 4K if possible...

AMX69PHATTY
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Australia maybe, on amcforums.net an ozzy posted some really nice pictures froma HotRod car show they just had there. It is going into summer there since it's the southern hemisphere. There are some AMC'ers in the land of Oz. Not sure if it would offer much in the way of "history" though. The AMX's, Javelin's, and Ramblers pics folks post are "wild" cause the driver sits on the "passenger" side. Some good rock bands come from down under also. Many unique animals, and New Zealand is near by and seems would be cool from some pictures. They have a racing series that's like a "road race nascar" with coupes, Holden's and Fords I've seen on late night tv when I had cable. Place seems to almost be like USA version 2 #-o

Goose
11-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Yep When i get the chance i am heading to Australia.. they have some nice stuff to see down there and the right 'Good on ya mate' attitude.. and hundreds of thousands of miles of unoccupied land begging to be wheeled..

Mudrat
11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Japan, yeah, been there enjoyed that - other than stitches in my eyebrow :shock: (Walked into a telephone pole and since they are [nationally] shorter than us ... the pegs are lower). Budda and the great temples are just Awesome - not other worda for them!!!! If yo make it to Yokosuka, the 'honch' is an "interesting place" :shock: :razz: http://www.floridajeepers.net/images/smiles/banana.gif
Osaka is steeped in history and there are lots of other things to see and do there as well.

Korea - well, I got as far as Mikes Bar in Pusan :razz:

Tailand, WOW - even more history, color and well, women :idea:

Well, the rest is up to you Bro - I'd go back to Japan, but haven't been to OZ, but I'd like to :t:

Bulltear Ad