PDA

View Full Version : Bushed Rocker Arms - vs - Needle Bearing Roller Rockers

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

milnersXcoupe
10-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Mine's a '78 360 - any rocker upgrade done right involves machine work - roller bearings -vs- bushed rocker arms is interesting.

These need pressure fed oil like the early AMC 6 shaft rockers ??

jeepsr4ever
10-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Oil is fed up through the pushrod. Not exactly sure what your asking. :-|

milnersXcoupe
10-31-2007, 05:05 PM
This is the first I'd read on bushed rocker arms being 'better' than needle bearing rockers. :roll:

If it is the case, who makes the primo bushed rockers ?

401pacer stated:

-quote-
While it's debatable if roller rockers will give your more power or at least less parasitic drag, what they WILL do is prolong valve guide life as they reduce the side loading of the valve stems against the guides.

Regardless of what some rocker makers might say, you do NOT want ones with bearings, bushings are better in this instance because the rocker doesn't rotate 360 degrees. No need to trust me on this one, do some research and I think you'll find what I say is true.-end quote-

jeepsr4ever
10-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Nobody uses bushed rockers with even the medium roller cam setups. You would have to have over a .900 lift to need such a thing IMO

tufcj
10-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I have Crane Gold roller rockers on my CJ (993 heads). After 10 years and over 50,000 miles, I've had no issues. Cam is fairly mild with a .488" lift. You do want to get a quality rocker, they are another example of "you get what you pay for".

You might find a bushed rocker in a Ford application, but I've never seen one specific to AMC.

Bob
tufcj

Bulltear Ad