PDA

View Full Version : Body work cj7

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

grignac48
11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Working on the body for my CJ7. I replaced the corners and they came out good!. Now I am moving to the side panels and the seatbelt and rollbar areas. Anybody have pics of what they did in that area. I am concerned that the roll bar bolts are smaller than the seatbelt bolts. I was going to replace the seatbelt mounting and build it up. I also looked at the frame tie in kits for the roll bar. Looking for ideas and such.

tufcj
11-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Making your own repair panels, or buying weld-in replacements? I think MC can get panels thru Omix-Ada.

For a roll cage-frame tie-in kit, check out M.O.R.E. www.mountainoffroad.com

Bob
tufcj

Rhinolined360
11-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I ditched the original seatbelts, put in a 5 point simpson harness, welded a bar across the back rollbar for the top harness, as its suppose to be at the height of your shoulders, its pretty easy, makes you toy safe, and looks good

Mudrat
12-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Working on the body for my CJ7. I replaced the corners and they came out good!. Now I am moving to the side panels and the seatbelt and rollbar areas. Anybody have pics of what they did in that area. I am concerned that the roll bar bolts are smaller than the seatbelt bolts. I was going to replace the seatbelt mounting and build it up. I also looked at the frame tie in kits for the roll bar. Looking for ideas and such.

Well if I remember right the roll bars and seatbelts are both 3/8's grade 8. When I rebuilt my B-pillers (85 CJ), I had the skin off the outside and welded in 7/16 nuts after fixing the pillar its self. Then I welded in the new sheet metal panels.

After doing all that, I too went with a 4-point harness, but still have the stock belts just in case VDOT doesn't think the 4-point is safe 111!!! (wouldn't surprise me)

Bulltear Ad