PDA

View Full Version : Odd bits and bobs

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
12-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Thankfully, last week's brief hostage drama at the Clinton campaign office in Rochester, New Hampshire, ended peacefully. As it turns out, the perpetrator was no stranger to run-ins with the law and had a documented history of mental illness, criminal mischief and alcoholism. However, to hear the Associated (with the Left) Press tell the story, if it weren't for Hillary, this event could have ended tragically.

Clinton was in Virginia for a DNC event when the story broke. According to the AP, she spent the entire time the crisis was unfolding on the phone with local, state and federal authorities and trying to comfort the families of the hostages. The reporter gushed, "When the hostages had been released and their alleged captor arrested, a regal-looking Hillary Rodham Clinton strolled out of her Washington home, the picture of calm in the face of crisis. The image, broadcast just as the network news began, conveyed the message a thousand town hall meetings and campaign commercials strive for---namely, that the Democratic [sic] presidential contender can face disorder in a most orderly manner." Come now---"regal-looking?" And then the starry-eyed reporter asked Hillary for her autograph.

There can be no humor in events such as this, but the idea that Clinton had any hand whatsoever in its peaceful unfolding is ridiculous. She played no role in the negotiations with the suspect, had no part in the deployment of law enforcement to the scene, and made no decisions about how to bring the drama to an end. On the other hand, the real heroes of this event, the law-enforcement officers and the hostages themselves, received scant attention in the media.

- - - - - No surprises here - - - - - - -

Bill Clinton had to cancel a fundraiser for his wife's presidential campaign at the Mississippi home of Super Heavyweight litigator Dickie Scruggs (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DMUS_enUS249US250&q=Dickie+Scruggs+)after Scruggs was indicted for conspiring to bribe a judge for $50,000. Scruggs, a longtime supporter of all causes Clinton (a red flag in itself), has been linked to some of the largest class action settlements in American history, including the shakedown of Big Tobacco and the asbestos litigation wave, some of which was based on utterly dubious evidence. Scruggs's target as of late has been insurance companies involved in Hurricane Katrina payouts. Looking back at Scruggs's methodology---which includes rewarding people for stealing documents from their employers to aid him in his cases---it's no surprise that he's a Friend of Bill and Hillary. If Scruggs manages to slip away from this bribery charge, it's likely he will slide back into the Clinton fold.

- - - this one REALLY hurts - - - - -

North Vietnamese General Vo Nguyen Giap recently published his memoirs ( ESSAY REVIEW (http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-132053836.html)), in which he said the American media won the Vietnam war for the Vietcong. "What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it," he wrote. "But we were elated to notice your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. We were ready to surrender. You had won!" (REF 1 (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=423873)) Giap's words are an important lesson from the past, to be sure.

- - - - - - no shit!?!? - - - - -

In a refreshing bit of unscripted honesty, liberal politico Hillary Clinton recently remarked that the country cannot afford her ideas. Her timing came at an awkward moment amid reports that the national debt is expanding by about $1.4 billion every day, while she is proposing unprecedented government takeovers of the private-healthcare system and trillions in new spending on Social Security.

jeepsr4ever
12-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I agree with hilary that our healthcare is crazy! We should have a goverment health car insurance program not this progressively growing health insurance company monopolies that keep setting the prices higher and higher.

Mudrat
12-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Socialized health care works as well as gun control - it doesn't.

Look at the countries who have adopted it; Canada, England, France, Austrialia...etc. If you can afford to pay 50% in taxes to bolster a system that doesn't work FOR you, or that requires a 3 month waiting list for a doctors visit, or 2 years for cancer treatment - more power to you. (Explain to me why Canadians and Brits come here for health care? And we ALL go to Mexico for drug prices? And why are Americans already going to So. Africa and Centrial America for medical pro$edures$?). Yeah, it's out of control and we are to blaim - don't look for the 'G' to bail us out - it's a proven "Won't Work Scheme." And, another Government boondogle to get tax $$$ from the people to use elsewhere on "pet projects" not health care for "We the People". (fortunately the $233 Million "Bridge to Nowhere", in Alaska was wisely killed a couple weeks ago because of out-of-control government spending. (Ref:Washington Post, Nov 17) (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/16/AR2005111602330.html)
Think about this, There are 87,504 governmental units in the United States. Each has multiple agencies and creates volumes of regulations. There are over 180 agencies within the Federal government alone. (Ref:Cornell Law School) (http://www.law.cornell.edu/donors/solicit.php?http_referer=/constitution/constitution.preamble.html). Look at the Tax Code - 17 VOLUMNS on how to strip an American from his or her hard earned cash!! Tell me who pays for all of that?

Then consider what else she want's to do with Social Security. Who's going to pay for that? Our Children, Grand children, after that China will need to absorb the National Debt because they will have bought us out lock-stock-and-barrell.

I just re-read the Constitution ( I really did!) and NOWHERE in the Articles and Amendment is the right to dictate Health Care by the Government written. (Ref:ibid 8Dec2007) (http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.overview.html)

Yeah, I'm kinda passionate on this (and other) issues. The majority of the people are selling their souls to the 'G', giving them more control over our personal lives. I for one DO NOT LIKE IT! We are headed in the wrong direction. goes along with the fact if I make $50 I have to give the government $25 so they can give $15 so some welfare baby factory to "keep up the good work"? Not Hardly!!!!

Read the quote in my sig line that's been there A LONG time.

jeepsr4ever
12-09-2007, 11:19 AM
#-o

rollen dean montoya
12-09-2007, 02:05 PM
rat did you forget unless its written on a set of boobs
MC can't read or watch it 8)

Mudrat
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
rat did you forget unless its written on a set of boobs MC can't read or watch it 8)

Yeah, and I still haven't figured out what this response means after almost 5 years on the board 111!!!

#-o

jeep_man_401
12-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I like the idea of abolishing income tax and going to a user tax...but I can see that only lasting so long then government will need more money and start in with a "small" income tax again.

No matter what we do or who we elect it's not going to get better until all the politics and B.S. stop, government starts to watch how it spends OUR money and remembers most Americans don't pull down $60,000 a year.

I can't even begin to think about how many things we will find out in the years to come after Bush leaves office. How many rats will sneak away without ever getting caught?

Everyone will know its just the good old boys when he is handed a pardon from the next President. Shame shit different day.

Thank you, I feel better now. :razz:

AMX69PHATTY
12-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Ya know, more and more it's becoming clear that America is just "Rome - Reloaded" :-|

Mudrat
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Ya know, more and more it's becoming clear that America is just "Rome - Reloaded" :-|
A-FUCK'N-MEN!!!

rollen dean montoya
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
exactly :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad