PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think I can get for my 360

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

fifesjeep
12-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Like the subject says here is a list of all of the goodies...
The motor has a choppy idle :? and only has 100 miles. #-o Honestly, that's on the high side. Anyway here it is.

AMC 360 Bored .030" Block was shaved either .008" or .014"
ROL Extreme Headgaskets (.045")
HOLLEY 750cfm
EDELBROCK TORKER INTAKE
58cc Dog-Leg heads The heads have been shaved either .014" or .008"
HARLAND SHARP 1.7:1 Roller Rockers with Hardened guides
Positive Valve stem oil seals
HD One piece Chromoly Push Rods from COMPCAMS
COMPCAMS 280 MAGNUM K-KIT (.480" valve lift with stock rockers with the 1.7's valve lift is .520")
3 angle Valve job
DYNOMAX Fenderwell headers, 1 5/8" to 3" collectors
3" PURPLE HORNIE header mufflers
ROSS 10:1 FF Race pistons with spiro-lox (4 per piston) with a compression height of 1.596"
SCAT 343 Forged H-BEAM Rods (5.885")
Crank has been turned 10/10
7.5qt Oil-Pan
Internally balanced
Brass Freeze plugs
ProComp 7000 Distributor, 60,000v ProComp Coil and Multi Spark Ignition Box.

Anyway, this motor is in My CJ and my CJ hasn't moved in a long time.... I thought about selling the Jeep and Putting this motor in an AMX with a T10 bolted to it with a 9" rear with 3.73's or something in that range... If I sell my Jeep and I don't feel like messing with an AMX/Javelin etc what kind of money would this motor fetch... (Can demo and everything).
Any thoughts?

Rebel25A
12-22-2007, 11:15 AM
WOW...sounds like a nice motor...unfortunately I have never seen an engine sell for what it cost to build...not even close...just the ungly facts...unless it has a big name builder on it...Adkins, Allen, Lewis....maybe 1500.00

fifesjeep
12-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I figured $2000... Just The Pistons/Rods and exhaust was roughly $2000
She definitely has a very nice Lope to her Idle :mrgreen: My neighbors definitely don't like it... The cops have been here a few times... :!:

Rebel25A
12-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Sounds fair...has alot of good parts in it...

jeepsr4ever
12-23-2007, 01:28 PM
2K is a great price! I think you would get alot more if the right guy was watching. I would post this up on ebay, craigslist and IFSJA.org. The FSJ and jeep guys are always building!

fifesjeep
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Had a guy at a local Garage offer my 3K for it if I end-up selling it... :? (He has a Silver Javelin with a blown 401 in it sitting behind his garage)... It's a Nice car too, only it has the nasty Maroon leather interior...
Anyway, I finally got the Jeep on the road for it's road "Break in"... Pulled into a flea-market next to a Performance shop and the garage guys came out... They asked what it was and I told them.. (I don't think they believed me). I had a print out of all of the engine specs, along with all of the other parts list(s)... They asked me to start it up and hit it a few times... :!: So I said... "right-on doggy"... Fired her up did a couple quick punches and then did a "simulated 1/4 mile pass" :t: Turned a lot of heads :mrgreen: .... I think I got a little too much attention... #-o Police drove by REAL SLOWLY looking at it... (I have antique plates but nothing about it says stock or to original form) AMC 360, 42" swampers, Soa, 3 BL, 3" exhaust dumping out infront of the rear tires... and the sweet smell of Race Fuel... :t:

jeepsr4ever
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
:mrgreen:

fifesjeep
12-27-2007, 05:30 PM
You know, come to think of it... I wonder if he offered 3K for the entire Jeep :-| or just the motor... :-| His Javelin is pretty nice... too bad the 401 is shot... he said his bottom half is chewed pretty bad :smile: (he won't let the 401 go either)... yup, I had to try... :oops: I was looking for a deal at that point :?
A little pitch on this motor.... She pulls pretty hard in 2nd,3rd and 4th gear.. 1st is way too low and I'm at 7000+ rpms at 15 feet :mrgreen: :t: When she gets up around 3500 rpms and higher man she's alive lifting the front of the jeep without effort (Not wheelies)... sort like getting ready to launch to space hehehe... I can easily break the 42's lose :!: Of-course, I had to see what it was about... I was expecting something to break (driveline)... Nope the locked 14Bolt with 4.10's is decent I need to install my 5.13's that are collecting dust... I have yet to take her on the highway... :-| A little more tweaking :idea: 111!!! Maybe this weekend... I need to adjust the trac-bar... before I do anything... :oops:

fifesjeep
12-30-2007, 05:18 PM
You know, come to think of it... I wonder if he offered 3K for the entire Jeep :-| or just the motor... :-| His Javelin is pretty nice... too bad the 401 is shot... he said his bottom half is chewed pretty bad :smile: (he won't let the 401 go either)... yup, I had to try... :oops: I was looking for a deal at that point :?
A little pitch on this motor.... She pulls pretty hard in 2nd,3rd and 4th gear.. 1st is way too low and I'm at 7000+ rpms at 15 feet :mrgreen: :t: When she gets up around 3500 rpms and higher man she's alive lifting the front of the jeep without effort (Not wheelies)... sort like getting ready to launch to space hehehe... I can easily break the 42's lose :!: Of-course, I had to see what it was about... I was expecting something to break (driveline)... Nope the locked 14Bolt with 4.10's is decent I need to install my 5.13's that are collecting dust... I have yet to take her on the highway... :-| A little more tweaking :idea: 111!!! Maybe this weekend... I need to adjust the trac-bar... before I do anything... :oops:
I went back to the flea-market this weekend and the guy at the garage asked me if I was going to sell that motor :shock: He said he'd give me cash in hand.... $3000... Man, I'm tempted but man.... that would be a heart felt loss... I have yet to truly get onto the skinny pedal... I know she snaps my head back in the Jeep... idling she makes the Jeep shake, shimmy and wobble :? And just sitting there the sound of this AMC turns peoples heads... Kids pointing, waving and smiling others giving the thumbs up... I kinda like the head turning attention... and then you have those looking for a muscle car and they realize it's a Jeep CJ7 sounding like a strip car :!: I think I might beat on it a little... There's a good mud pit not too far away... I'll have to film it... I'll have to barrow my buddies recorder and post it on here...

fifesjeep
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Yup, same thing.. went back he was hounding me... I told him $4500 and he mumbled a few things and said he'll think about it... hehehe Hopefully he got the point... All I wanted to do is find cheap Snap-On Tools at the flea markets... Gheshhhhh.

Bulltear Ad