PDA

View Full Version : ARP head stud

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dadcat
12-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Any one have any problems with ARP p/n 114-4002 head studs on the bottom three head studs in front of the exhaust ports? I'm using Edelbrock performer RPM Aluminum heads.The bottom three studs on both sides of the block are very tall,They set up 3/4" from the head. I would think that there would be a third length ( shorter ) for the exhaust headers to clear the head studs.

I would not like to cut the studs ( too $$$ ) would like to cut the header flanged for clearance. Any ideas ?? Thanks

1980_Cj7
12-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I had a similar problem with ARP head bolts on stock heads. The stock cast iron exhaust manifold on the passenger side just wouldn't go on. I finally figured out that it was one of the lower ARP head bolt heads hitting the manifold and keeping it from lining up. One of the ones toward the middle.

Since I had just POR'd the manifold, I didn't want to grind on it. Didn't really want to grind away at the ARP bolt head either. I finally just pulled that bolt and replaced it with the stock head bolt. That took care of the problem. Didn't have any interference on the driver's side, or any of the other bolts, just that one.

Those ARP bolts have some really high heads compared to the stock bolts.

jeepsr4ever
12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Free tip!! *No one really uses the bottom three studs :wink:

dadcat
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Great idea, just use stock bolts on the bottom three, HMMM simple
solution to the problem.
Thanks

Rebel25A
12-30-2007, 08:11 AM
I used the studs...and ground them down for clearance...no problems at all

Bulltear Ad