01-29-2008, 08:15 PM
My 1975 TSM says (for 360):

100 ft/lbs for the main caps

28 ft/lbs for the rods

Bob
tufcj

JERSEYJOE
01-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks Bob. Would you believe I bought a set of defective Sealed Power Main bearings? I ordered then from the local parts store and when I went to install them I found that the bearing tang is on the wrong side of the bearing!!! Talk about ruining a good day. Now I have to wait until they get a good set in..

tufcj
01-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Never heard of that! You can order ACL bearings from MC thru the e-store here. (shameless plug) :lo1l: :lo1l: :lo1l:

Bob
tufcj

jeepsr4ever
01-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Keep in mind as well Joe that their is a top and bottom to each bearing.

JERSEYJOE
01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
YES I KNOW THE TOP MAIN BEARING IS GROOVED AND THE LOWER IS NOT. EITHER WAY THE TANG WAS IN THE WRONG PLACE. WENT TO THE PARTS STORE THIS MORNING. THEY AGREED THAT THEY WERE A BAD BATCH OF BEARINGS. I THOUGHT THAT SEALED POWER WAS THE BEST. THIS COST ME SOME TIME SINCE I WANTED IT DONE BY TODAY.

ALSO I BROKE THE DIP STICK TUBE TRYING TO GET THE EDELBROCK TES HEADER ON. ORDERED ONE FROM BULLTEAR. I GUESS I CAN WORK ON SOMETHING ELSE WHILE I WAIT FOR PARTS. I AM SO GLAD I DON'T DO THIS FOR A LIVING ANY MORE. I SHOULD HAVE ORDERED THE BEARINGS FROM HERE BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD SAVE TIME AND GET THEN IN ONE DAY LOCALLY..... BIG MISTAKE.....

Bulltear Ad