PDA

View Full Version : Quotes of the Day: Health care

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
02-24-2008, 05:58 PM
The Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says, 'See, if it wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.'
-- Harry Browne

"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when its free."
-- P. J. ORourke

BREK
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when its free."
-- P. J. ORourke

111!!! 111!!! 111!!!

AMX69PHATTY
02-26-2008, 03:38 AM
To me, the biggest problem with socialized medicine is that ones individual lifestyle and what the do that may "affect" their health will become the goverments bussiness. For instance, do you smoke ?, oh, ok, then you will have to pay a "smoking fine", or what is your weight ?, oh, you are over the government approved body mass index, you have to pay a "fat tax" !
#-o

Lifted79CJ7
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I actually talked to a friend who's from Canada. She says the worst thing is you can't just walk in and have a test or operation done - you have to get on a list which can take a month or two. To me, I'd rather pay and get it over with!

Mudrat
02-27-2008, 06:28 AM
There was a Discovery show that talked about a guy (Toronto??) that was suspected of having a brain tumor and the Canadian system was going to make him wait 4 months just for the tests. And if they were positive would be another 6 months or more on a waiting list for surgery. He went to Buffalo, had the test results back in 5 days or so. they were positive so he went BACK to buffalo and had the surgery - all in a month. The AMERICAN doctor told him he would have died before making it to the initial test date in Canada. Of course it cost him about $10 grand to live where the Canadian funeral would have been FREE 111!!!

Yup, alow the government tell you how to protect and treat yourself? I think NOT

dan58
02-27-2008, 06:56 AM
No doubt the quality of care will dwindle for everyone. If you want healthcare, find a job that provides it. If not, expect to pay for it. Pretty simple.

Mudrat
02-27-2008, 06:57 AM
And this just in (well my mailbox anyway) TownHall.com (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2008/02/27/a_lesson_from_venezuela) =D>

There is more in this story than this quip . . .

"When politicians today say that they are going to "bring down the cost of medical care" or make housing "affordable," what are they talking about other than price controls?

Do we want a shortage of medical care? Do you want to have to wait for months for surgery -- and suffer needlessly in the meantime, as people do in Canada and Britain?"

AMX69PHATTY
02-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Canadians can deal with the pain of long waiting periods because they have legal medical marijuana :mrgreen:

Last night Democrats debated in Cleveland Ohio.
Osama Obama said that in Mass. people have chosen to pay "fines" rather than the socialized medical insurance premiums that they can not afford to pay even with the subsidies. So it's a "good thing" to pay "cheaper" fines rather than premiums ? Talk about money for nothing. I can hear the insurance companies licking their chops allready. As I allready said, problem with socialized medicine is "fines" for "non-conformers". Must be nice to be in the insurance bussiness, get money from everyone every month, yet only have to pay out to some miniscule amount of subscribers.

The US Governmaent has allready proven they can't manage this kind of thing and "keep their hand out of the cookie jar", I mean look at the "problems" with Social Security funding "woes". As I undestand it, it is projected to run out of money just about the time I'll be eligible to collect it.

ironman_gq
02-27-2008, 08:38 AM
the governments solution to all problems is to bribe the problem with copious amounts of money and hope they will dissapear.
NASA once decided to develop a pen that would write in zero gravity, they spent over $140,000,000 :shock: to get this pen to work.
The Russians, meanwhile, had developed a similar device that could even be erased and write on almost all materials for a total of 15cents. The Russians decided to just use a pencil while NASA decided they had to beat the Russians in something so they built the first zero G pen.

Bulltear Ad