PDA

View Full Version : My "New" 1986 Waggy

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
03-02-2008, 09:27 PM
New to me anyway. Got it home the night before surgery. It'll be a while before I can work on it. But it's not in that bad of shape.

Image station is now dead -so any links to pix I had there (a couple hundred) are gone :smile: Wrote for a membership rebate and they say they can't find me 111!!! :(:

Anyway, presenting my new Waggy (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/mudrat54/?albumview=slideshow)

guess I need to start reading the FSJ forum again :t:

fuzz401
03-03-2008, 05:40 AM
does this mean you have a woody now #-o

Goose
03-03-2008, 12:47 PM
:wink: I don't know Fuzz, Surgery on arm/shoulder and a Woody?? I'm thinkin we are gonna have a frustrated 'Rat in the woodpile.. :roll:

Merc69
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Hmmmm...Wagoneer project...surgery...this sounds familiar.

Hope the surgery goes ok...and do what the physical therapists...(those sadists) want you to do.

Mudrat
03-04-2008, 08:26 AM
:wink: I don't know Fuzz, Surgery on arm/shoulder and a Woody?? I'm thinkin we are gonna have a frustrated 'Rat in the woodpile.. :roll:
Umm ... not so much. Bummed I can't work the Jeeps (any of 3 right now) but, ah ... um ... it's the shoulder. Can't use the left arm for much everything else works fine. The wife gives me sponge baths :? =D>

Mudrat
03-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Hmmmm...Wagoneer project...surgery...this sounds familiar.

Hope the surgery goes ok...and do what the physical therapists...(those sadists) want you to do.
Thanks Bruce,
Surgery went very well and I started PT yesterday. It's all ROM for right now, I'll get into weights once I start rebuilding the engine front end :t: I think I have all the necessary parts in the shop except for new plug wires. Will need a good source for misc parts like window seals - they are pretty bad and I'm sure they're leaking into the door panel :smile:

You back in the pink yet or still wrestling with your surgery? And we need Pics of PSYOP. Your description is killer! :?:

Oh, and my PT has boobs the size of couch cushions - how bad can it be :t: :lo1l: :mrgreen:

Goose
03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I got my door seals and stuff from Bj's jeep parts.. Love those guys..!!

Mudrat
03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I got my door seals and stuff from Bj's jeep parts.. Love those guys..!!
Yeah, I have their page open in another window :wink:

Lifted79CJ7
03-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey Rat!! Glad to hear the surgery went OK for ya!! Also, that is an awesome score of a Waggy!! Do you have any plans for it (end use)? Daily driver? Off Road rig?

Mudrat
03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Hey Rat!! Glad to hear the surgery went OK for ya!! Also, that is an awesome score of a Waggy!! Do you have any plans for it (end use)? Daily driver? Off Road rig?
Need to get it on the road first while I heal and can rebuild the boys truck. He's got at least one rod knock'n pretty bad. But then again, I've never heard a good rod-knock :shock: :idea:

After that a small lift -may 3", bigger rubber, and redo the interior - it already has a new headliner and replaced gauge cluster, replace the rubber seals to keep the water out and then a paint job. It'll primarily be a DD and drag-wagon when I flat tow either Jeep. If I pull the trailer - that'll take the truck, but this should cut back on the miles on the Dodge. When the time comes to rebuild the motor - we'll see how radical I'll go and what the price of gas is.

And some of the parts I picked up from you and some of what I had laying around here made the trade possible - thanks. :t:

fuzz401
03-07-2008, 08:18 AM
drag-wagon

thats what I like to hear =D> =D>

Mudrat
03-07-2008, 01:32 PM
drag-wagon
thats what I like to hear =D> =D>
Your so funny #-o
OK, how about this - a narrowed 9" with some 5.88's and those HOOSIER slicks of yours hanging on the outside with some tricycle tires up front? A bizaar death head paint job with flames and ... ah . . . an oil burning 360?? 111!!!

fuzz401
03-07-2008, 01:49 PM
:lo1l: :lo1l: :lo1l: :lo1l: =D> =D> =D> =D> :t: :t: :t: :t:

Goose
03-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Oh I think you could get away with narrower slicks than Fuzz runs.. After all you will be launching 6000 lbs.. It will stick..(and if you launch hard enough you will see cool stuff , you know like driveshaft tubes twisted flat,tranny and diff yokes exploding.. ) :!: :!: Of course if you gut it and get it down to say 3000 lbs, you can scare the crap out of the tuner boys..

fuzz401
03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
he just need a 6000 stall converter that way he can flash it and take it easy on the drive train :lo1l:

Lifted79CJ7
03-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Glad to hear some of that stuff is still floating around out there in the Jeep comminity!!

Just wondering - anyone know if Hankrod ever post up any videos of his waggy after the turbo install?

Ghinmi
03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh I think you could get away with narrower slicks than Fuzz runs.. After all you will be launching 6000 lbs.. It will stick..(and if you launch hard enough you will see cool stuff , you know like driveshaft tubes twisted flat,tranny and diff yokes exploding.. ) :!: :!: Of course if you gut it and get it down to say 3000 lbs, you can scare the crap out of the tuner boys..

Mine only weighs 4220 stock? Hoping to get it around 3800 or so by summer.

Bulltear Ad