PDA

View Full Version : FSJ Parts & Places

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Thought I'd make a post for y'all to post up where you get what parts, or if you have some FSJ specific parts on hand you don't need anymore :-)

It should be a sticky, but I don't have any control in this forum :oops:

mrtazwrench
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I still have some spare stuff around, IFSJA BJ'S Offroad, ZMJeeps those are the main ones. :t:

Mudrat
03-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I still have some spare stuff around, IFSJA BJ'S Offroad, ZMJeeps those are the main ones. :t:
Got the hard parts for the engine - need the window rubbers for the front and rear doors to keep water out of the doors. Found some at BJ's but DAMN!!! they are spendy :oops:

mrtazwrench
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Got the hard parts for the engine - need the window rubbers for the front and rear doors to keep water out of the doors. Found some at BJ's but DAMN!!! they are spendy :oops:

You could try hitting some of the wag spcialty places, but I'm guessing the prices won't be any better.

JERSEYJOE
03-25-2008, 05:16 PM
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF REVIVING AN 87 J-20. I HAVE DONE A FEW OF THESE IN THE PAST. HERE IS ONE I DID IN 1997 AND SOLD IN 2002:

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=48645

MY CURRENT ONE IS IN DECENT CONDITION WITH ZERO ROT IN THE CAB FLOOR OR BED. SAT FOR A LONG TIME SO I NEED TO REPLACE A LOT OF STUFF

junkyard jim
11-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I used some XJ door seals on my '73 J4000, but had to adjust the door to allow for the extra thickness of the seals. (then I rolled the truck while trying to avoid hitting a black horse that was in the middle of the road. This was at 11PM at night on a switchback gravel road, right above Sunset falls!)

junkyard jim
12-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Just thought I'd mention we have an FSJparts@yahoogroups.com list as well for the used stuff

Mudrat
02-02-2009, 08:12 AM
cool,
thanks Jim!

The PIG Smith
09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I used some XJ door seals on my '73 J4000, but had to adjust the door to allow for the extra thickness of the seals. (then I rolled the truck while trying to avoid hitting a black horse that was in the middle of the road. This was at 11PM at night on a switchback gravel road, right above Sunset falls!)
Sorry to hear about your truck.

From what I have been told, BJ's seals also require the door to be adjusted.
Wonder what are the chances the Jeep used the same rubber door gasket materiel on both vehicles?

How well did this XJ door gasket fit?
Was it long and needed to be cut back or short and need to graft several pieces together?

Bulltear Ad