PDA

View Full Version : distributor gear

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

navybee
03-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Hello all,
Finally got around to installing my new drive gear and dist. gear. The hole in the dizzy gear is only drilled on one side. Do I take my dremel and cut the roll pin flush or leave it sticking out?
Thanks,
Rob

Mudrat
03-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Hello all,
Finally got around to installing my new drive gear and dist. gear. The hole in the dizzy gear is only drilled on one side. Do I take my dremel and cut the roll pin flush or leave it sticking out?
Thanks,
Rob
Where did you get the gear?? That isn't right- the roll pin MUST go all the way thru. Take it or send it back.

jeepsr4ever
03-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes it should have a hole going all the way through. You can either drill it when your installing the gear or send it in for a replacement. We offer them both ways and one must have been snuck out in your order.

76-cj7
03-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Sounds like the MSD gear............the dont drill all the way through and leave it to you just in case your dist isnt drilled dead center.....kinda gives you some room for error

jeepsr4ever
03-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Their are a couple gears that only have one side drilled. I believe MSD only comes with one hole drilled.

navybee
03-17-2008, 03:04 PM
I will try to get the gear in the mail tomorrow. Do I need to include anything in the envelope with the gear?
Thanks,
Rob

jeepsr4ever
03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
No just get it here I will personally take care of it.

1980_Cj7
03-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Personally, I'd prefer to have the hole on only one side and finish drilling the other side myself. I've run into too many distributors that don't have the hole centered, then you can't line things up. Just put the gear on, line up the one hole, and run a drill thru. The holes in the gear and distributor shaft will guide the bit and you'll end up with perfect alignment.

Mudrat
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to have the hole on only one side and finish drilling the other side myself.
Not in my drill press!!! The wobble is so bad I typically use a 2x smaller drill for the right sized hole!!! Still waiting for my new arbor to come in!! :oops:

Bulltear Ad