PDA

View Full Version : How about a box with a drawer

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

dawgates
03-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Instead of your back seat, which mine hasn't seen a cheek of a butt in 5 years (My back-pac has been the only occupant). You have a storage box simular to a Tuffy box except with a drawer.
19" total height with 10" high drawer and a lid that opens for storage. This instead a 3" useless under seat drawer.

Good idea, Bad idea?

tufcj
03-21-2008, 07:25 AM
I had a box made the same height as the fenderwells. I have a 'glass body with no tailgate so it fits tight and runs the full length of the rear area. 2 compartments with 2 lids, about 99% water tight. I carry tools, fluids, winch equipment in one, spare axles, driveshaft, other parts in the other. All locked shut with locks very similar to a Tuffy. Ran me about $300 at a local sheet metal shop.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
03-23-2008, 08:57 AM
I had a box made the same height as the fenderwells. I have a 'glass body with no tailgate so it fits tight and runs the full length of the rear area. 2 compartments with 2 lids, about 99% water tight. I carry tools, fluids, winch equipment in one, spare axles, driveshaft, other parts in the other. All locked shut with locks very similar to a Tuffy. Ran me about $300 at a local sheet metal shop.

Bob
tufcj

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/tufcj/Misc/pichers1.jpg

Just returning the favor Bro :?:

Happy Easter :wink:

tufcj
03-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately, the Jeep is buried in the back of the garage for the winter. I have a 4 car tandem garage (2 wide x 2 deep). The Jeep and AMX sleep in the back for the winter. I'll get some pics up once I take it out for the summer.

Bob
tufcj

dan58
03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Tuffy makes a big box. I think it has a drawer in it as well.

junkyard jim
11-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Before I rolled my J4000 I made tool drawers for under the front seats that were accessible when the door was open.

Bulltear Ad