PDA

View Full Version : tri flow oil plate questions

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

hurst390sc
03-23-2008, 11:29 AM
I will be starting to assemble a 13 to 1 comp. 390. I am going to be using the bulltear 534 tri flow oil plate. A couple questions i have is what is the rate of the spring and plunger for the relief,how many psi? Also a friend of mine also uses this setup and he told me to drill out the oil pressure gauge hole on the side of the block and to tap it for 1/2 npt, factory it is 3/8 npt, then plug the hole on the triflow from the filter, and to run the hose directly to the pressure gauge hole on the side of the block. what do you people think of this?? or should i just run the triflow block as it was meant to be?? Also is there any modifications that need to be made to the timing cover to use the triflow?? Thanks for all the help and great products... :?: :?:

jeepsr4ever
03-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey bud! Yes the way you are running the plate is the way Hemmy Adkins and John Garland run their drag motors. I believe John may have used an accumulator on the port you will be closing off. Many are running that plate like that and also using the "return" port. Best part about the #534 is that it allows you to run it many different ways.

ironman_gq
03-24-2008, 04:59 PM
As long as you have a filter in the loop. I'm confused as to what you mean by blocking the hole from the filter. :-|

Bulltear Ad