PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Problems

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jimbolac
03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
My 97 gr cherokee wipers only work on high and low but no intermittent functions.Also they dont stop in the right spot unless you time it. Is it wiper motor or switch in column? thanks !

Mudrat
04-09-2008, 04:38 PM
My 97 gr cherokee wipers only work on high and low but no intermittent functions.Also they dont stop in the right spot unless you time it. Is it wiper motor or switch in column? thanks !
Probably the regulator - the little black box in the wiper wire line. Mine only work on slow intermitant and slow constant. But it passes inpsections so who cares :-)

BREK
04-10-2008, 09:22 AM
On a 97' grand cherokee the "park module" is contained in the wiper motor part# 4874839 $217.00 available in 3-5 buisness days from your local dealer. That may and may not cure the issue with the intermittent system. If not then chances are you need a new multifunction switch part# 4728424 $102.00 available within a day from your local dealer.

Mudrat
04-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Brek,
Since you have acces to P/Ns, and better tech advice than I have - and not meaning to hijack the thread -

1987 YJ, from the multi function switch to a "black box" to the wiper motor - what is the P/N of that box, what is the wiring schematic for the wires - should I chouse to delete it and build something different?
Like I said, mine wipes about 2 times a minute when switch in the intermittant mode - no matter where the dial is set, and will go slow speed, but not hi speed.

It's 1PM on Sunday in Yokosuka

Bulltear Ad