PDA

View Full Version : Need an electrical DWG

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm strying to sort through the rats nest under the hood of hte 86 SJ and the Chiltons drawing sucks!!!

Anybody have a good wiring diagram? and maybe one for th vacuum lines too? There are so many chared and melted hoses - I really can't tell what goes where?!?!? :-| and ther eis one VAC line that comes off the ported (hi) connection to th base of the carb? Basically the vacuum is drawing on a vacuum???

I need to dump this carb (2BBL Carter) and get one with less plumbing!!

Thanks

fifesjeep
04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Haynes has good pictures/diagrams... I like Chiltons for the reading aspect but Haynes for the pics...
I have the Chiltons Wagoneer/Commando/Cherokee from 1957-83... and that one sucks also... The kicker is, on the bottom right corner it says in yellow "WIRING AND VACUUM DIAGRAMS" :roll:
Well, in all honesty the vacuum diagrams are really good!!! Are you going to be at work tomorrow? If so, I can swing by to drop it off! (In this book it's Chapter 4)

Mudrat
04-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Haynes has good pictures/diagrams... I like Chiltons for the reading aspect but Haynes for the pics...
I have the Chiltons Wagoneer/Commando/Cherokee from 1957-83... and that one sucks also... The kicker is, on the bottom right corner it says in yellow "WIRING AND VACUUM DIAGRAMS" :roll:
Well, in all honesty the vacuum diagrams are really good!!! Are you going to be at work tomorrow? If so, I can swing by to drop it off! (In this book it's Chapter 4)
I'll be in during the AM. Have a SPAWAR conference at 0730 and a TELCON with the DC & Philly boys at 10. the Chiltons I have breaks it out by circuit - charging, starting choke, etc. nothing that shows the whole mess and if you remember the pic I sent you, it's a mess. Half the wires are melted, some are frayed and others are just burnt :shock: And there are about 9 wires to the hot side of the starter relay 111!!!

donwag
04-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Take a look here: http://oljeep.com/

Lots of good wiring and other stuff for FSJ's.

Mudrat
04-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks Don,
Wonder if that's the same tom Collins I know from years back??? :-|

Bulltear Ad