PDA

View Full Version : fan clutch

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

woodfar51
04-07-2008, 08:09 PM
need to replace the fan clutch on my 360. what is the difference in thermal an non thermal fan clutch?

mwouda
04-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Thermal will egage when engine temperature requires it. Non will only disengage at highway speeds. IMO thermal is the way to go. You dont have to listen to your fan at lower speeds.

Mudrat
04-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Electric fans allow all sorts of options - including thermal engagement as well as an on/off switch for water crossings =D>

woodfar51
04-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info. went with the non thermal and problem is solved. As for noise, I can't hear my fan anytime.

Mudrat
04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the info. went with the non thermal and problem is solved. As for noise, I can't hear my fan anytime.
Then you need a quieter exhaust :t: :wink:

mrtazwrench
04-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Electric fans allow all sorts of options - including thermal engagement as well as an on/off switch for water crossings =D>

This is the way I need to go on my J20 plowtruck, had to rig a locked clutch to keep it cool on the road with the plow on, I'm tired of swapping it out fall and spring, I need t do the high mount alt with an upgraded alt to have juce to run a fan and keep the belts farther up out of the snow.

Bulltear Ad