PDA

View Full Version : Remote Filter Mounting Locations?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

JMSII
04-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I am FINALLY in the process of finishing my 401 build for my other 79 CJ7.

I purchased the Bulltear dual filter relocation kit and was wondering if anybody had some good ideas as to exactly where to mount the filters.

I have a dual battery box and was thinking of mounting the filters on the outer edge, but am not quite sure that is the best location.

Anybody have any ideas or perhaps some pictures of their set up they want to share?

By the way MC, I primed my oil pump last night and I have to say I am impressed with the oil pressure! (75+psi with a half inch drill spinning it.) I am really glad I got the cover assembly from Bulltear. You guys do great work!

Thanks,
John

tufcj
04-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I have mine mounted to the bottom of my dual battery tray. I mounted them on the side toward the engine, front to back, and as close to the firewall as possible. I had them mounted side by side at the front, but I actually flexed the fender well into the outside one and bent it over enough to make it leak.

Bob
tufcj

JMSII
04-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Anybody have any other ideas or perhaps some photos?
Thanks,
John

JERSEYJOE
04-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Pictures in a few days. I bolted mine to the firewall under the battery tray. Course I am not running a heater so the blower motor bulge is gone.

Bulltear Ad