PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjuster Parts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

1980_Cj7
04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Anybody have any idea where I can find some of the little plastic sockets the adjusting screw snaps into in this picture. The picture is of Hella DE european headlights for a VW Passat. Can't believe Hella didn't use the same part in other applications also though. And yes, I've been in touch with Hella more than once, and they are of little help.

https://home.comcast.net/~rwsr50/ComcastOnlineStorage/Adjuster.jpg

tufcj
04-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Did you try the "Help" parts section at your local auto parts store? You might be surprised what they carry.

Bob
tufcj

1980_Cj7
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Did you try the "Help" parts section at your local auto parts store? You might be surprised what they carry.

Bob
tufcj

Yep. Was in Pep Boys Sunday trying to scrounge something together that would work. Bought some license plate inserts that looked like they would fit, but they were too big. This is something that is turning out to be very hard to "makeshift".

dmcjeep
04-24-2008, 07:39 AM
I can not see the pic that you posted but I would sell ya a couple complet headleight bucket assemblys for $35 shipped.

FuzzFace2
04-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Could not see picture too :smile:
Try body shops and body shop suppliers years ago they kept them on hand.
Dave ----

tufcj
04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
I think it's the spaces in the file name in your link that keeps the pic from working. Rename the file without spaces, and edit the name in your post and it will work.

Bob
tufcj

1980_Cj7
04-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I've tried editing the pic and link every way to Sunday. I'm aware of the spaces thing. Sometimes I have to put underscores in place of spaces. I've tried that, and without anything. Nothing seems to work. Never had so much trouble with a pic in my life.

1980_Cj7
04-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Glory Be! Success at last. I finally gave up, renamed the pic, re-uploaded, and started all over. Funny thing though, I was working all week with a friend who was visiting from Germany. I happened to mention the trouble I'm having getting this part, and guess what, she used to actually work for Hella and still has contacts there. Talk about your small world. I have my fingers crossed!

https://home.comcast.net/~rwsr50/ComcastOnlineStorage/Adjuster.jpg

Bulltear Ad