PDA

View Full Version : Not getting any gas

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

timboamx
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Just replaced 1 head, fuel/oil/air filters, all gaskets and a rotted timing cover on my 77 401 waggy..

There was gas in the lines when I took them off..

Any sugestions?

History: I bought the waggy like that for $600.00 cause the owner could not afford to fix it.. I dont think there is any gas in the tank. I did put 4 gal in.... Should I put more gas in????

Thanks.. Tim

timboamx
04-26-2008, 08:46 PM
well after freaking with the pump for an hour (on and off and over and over again).. Like a dumb ace I only replaced the hoses that looked bad.. well the fuel line looked gud from the top. but the line was severly cracked on the underside,,, So the pump was not able to do its job at all....

But now I have a completly different problem (now that I am getting fuel).. As soon as I can figure how to post my picture I can show you, but for now I'll try and explain it....

on the top of the Motor craft 4300 carb there are two pipe looking things one on each side of the horn.. well it looks like a fountain coming up and outa there.... So I guess I need a rebuild.. but why would something like that happen..

Tim

AMX69PHATTY
04-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Rust and crud and stuff in the fuel lines / system has gotten into the fuel inlet needle and seat and the floats are now unable to shut off fuel flow to the carb bowls once they are full and they are over filling and the extra fuel is coming up out of the fuel bowl vents on the top of the carb, is my guess.

:-|

FuzzFace2
04-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Yep as PHAT said. You can try tapping the carb with a hammer to see if that will do temp fix but get a kit and pull carb.
Dave ----

Bulltear Ad