PDA

View Full Version : Whats a gud carb

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

timboamx
04-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Since I removed all the emissions, what’s a good carb. Currently I have a MC-4350 (Spread bore), and apparently its not all that user friendly.. I am going to rebuild it this week, and give it a try. BUT.......

I have some extra intakes and one of them in definitely a square bore.. Wants a good or decent carb? The 401 Waggy will be nothing more than a daily driver (Mostly city and OF course the local dirt so I can go hunting and shooting, but that’s pretty much it.. so even tough its gonna be a 4bbl, looking for dependability and decent mileage.. Not extreme performance. Anything out there anyone can think of?? I am gonna go junk yard hunting this weekend (In San Diego) and thought maybe I’d look there first before buying a new one, but if something new is the best option, then new it'll be..

Thanks, Tim

BREK
04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Holley truck avenger 750.

ironman_gq
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
OEM carbs were built to give you the best mileage possible and decent performance. thats why they are usually spreadbore. small primaries for low end power and mileage and huge secondaries for those times when you need more. I would do a junkyard TBI swap and get the best of both worlds. search the web to find what you need.

Bulltear Ad