PDA

View Full Version : Holley 750DP list #4779

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ed455
05-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Fresh Holley 750 double pumper. List #4779-3

I just rebuilt it with Holley non-stick (blue) gaskets and all soft parts, needle and seats, and power valve replaced. Was a good running carb when removed from a SBC 406. I milled off the choke horn and smoothed the edges for better flow. Should flow 780+.

I have built a high dollar carb with billet base plate, metering blocks, HP body and dominator bowls, so I won't be needing this carb.

See pictures. Not a beauty queen but should be a good runner. Asking $150 including shipping.

If you have trading fodder, needing: pair of ladder bars, a 750 vacuum secondary (for another project), AMC RPM airgap, Milodon AMC oil pan, or?

Obviously I am willing to trade up or down.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/RamblinMan_album/IMGP0383.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/RamblinMan_album/IMGP0386.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/RamblinMan_album/IMGP0388.jpg

fifesjeep
05-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Wow, she looks beat-up and weathered... So, you rebuilt it and haven't tested it? You're really not sure if it'll work properly at idle let-a-lone through the RPM ranges... and asking $150. Can you take a few more pics of the inside, a through shot... By looks of it... :idea: I'd like to see how she looks with some light.
Thanks.

ed455
05-30-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm waiting on payment already. It is a good carb. FYI looks don't effect the way a carb runs. If it was pretty, I waould ask for and easily get $250 for it. Been building and selling Holley Carbs for many years with 100% satisfied buyers. This one was mine.

fifesjeep
05-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Just being cautious, there's too many scammers out there... as nothing is personal (face to face) etc. At least face to face you can get a decent judge of character etc...

Mudrat
05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm waiting on payment already. It is a good carb. FYI looks don't effect the way a carb runs. If it was pretty, I waould ask for and easily get $250 for it. Been building and selling Holley Carbs for many years with 100% satisfied buyers. This one was mine.
How about a rebuilt 2BBL for a stock AMC manifold? I just need something to get the waggy rolling for the moment. still working electrical gremlins, but need to fire it up and the BBD is shot (that and the PO cut a shit-load of wires and ran a rats nest).

fifesjeep
05-31-2008, 01:23 PM
How about a rebuilt 2BBL for a stock AMC manifold? I just need something to get the waggy rolling for the moment. still working electrical gremlins, but need to fire it up and the BBD is shot (that and the PO cut a shit-load of wires and ran a rats nest).
I have a 4bbl Edelbrock 600 in NC... I should heading that way this weekend... It hasn't been ran in 7 months... :(

ed455
05-31-2008, 03:20 PM
These days I only do them sporadically. I built this one for a 401 project and then got some good deals on some billet holley parts and ended up building a new carb with billet base plate, metering blocks, HP body and dominator bowls. I don't mess with carters/edelbrocks or q-jets, only Holleys. That way I don't have to keep a butt-load of parts for all the other brands.

If you have a 2bbl Holley or even an Autolite (very similar to Holley) and can tune one, I would be happy to build it for you, but I don't have a core. I won't build a carb for someone who can't tune it for their application. I generally send them out with factory jetting and power valve size, float level slightly low, and idle mixture set to get you started. Since EVERY engine is different jetting, power valve etc, will need adjusting to the application.

I don't wet test carbs because if gas is run through them and then they are installed 6 mos later, the odds of problems are greatly increased. The carb is no longer fresh.

ed455
05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Here's what I built to replaced it.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/RamblinMan_album/IMGP0420.jpg[/img][/code]

Mudrat
06-01-2008, 06:21 AM
I have a 4bbl Edelbrock 600 in NC... I should heading that way this weekend... It hasn't been ran in 7 months... :(
Thanks need a 2 BBL for a stock intake. Just tryiong to get this thing running for a while. I'll rebuild the whole motor with after market intake over the winter.

ed455
06-05-2008, 05:43 AM
GONE, thanks!

a440plus6
06-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks need a 2 BBL for a stock intake. Just tryiong to get this thing running for a while. I'll rebuild the whole motor with after market intake over the winter.

Mud, what engine do you need carb for....I might have one.

BREK
06-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Looks like your new carb is basically a quickfuel pro-series? If so you have 1 bad azz setup.

ed455
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but with a billet throttle body like the Q series. They can be built for a LOT less than Quick Fuel (or others) charges if you shop right. I have about $500 in mine. It's tuned "in the ballpark" of right for my motor, but will definitely need tweaking (as would any carb from any manufacturer).

I have run a lot of different carbs over the year. Most of them I've built. However, for "off the shelf" carbs, I would pick AED every time. I dynoed a 427 SBC a couple of years ago and brough a whole assortment of carbs, one I had built and several off the shelf carbs (BG/Demon, AED, Pro Systems, etc). Once tuned, they ALL were within 3 hp of one another. I brough an assortment of sizes as well. 750-950 cfm. Still, once tuned, within 3 hp of each other. The least expensive carb of the bunch was a $450 AED 850 carb I bought new off ebay, it also produced the peak horsepower of all the carbs no matter the brand or size. For that particular motor, the box stock setting on that carb were PERFECT for THAT motor. Just a plug for a brand I am impressed with.

Bulltear Ad