PDA

View Full Version : FLEX A LITE FANS

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mike4089
05-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Im thinking of buying the flex a lite 575 fans made for the cj. They come with the thermostat control and pull 2500 cfm. Does anyone use these?? are they worth the 320 bucks. My stupid little flex fan is just not cutting it when i go wheeling or sit in traffic....give me your opinions please....

dan58
05-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't bother. Get yourself an electric fan. I HIGHLY recommend the Taurus fan.

mike4089
05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
the flex a lite ones are electric??? its the dual fan setup that they sell that bolts directly to the cj radiator

dan58
05-20-2008, 05:31 AM
I had a flexalite fan (mechanical). I ditched that thing for the Taurus fan. It stays MUCH cooler with the electric fan. Just google it or head over to pirate4x4 and search. I have a few pics on here too.

ironman_gq
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
you can get a taurus fan for under 50 bucks at the yard and they have a high and low speed and pull up to 4000cfm.

killahxft_jeep
07-25-2008, 12:11 AM
you can get a taurus fan for under 50 bucks at the yard and they have a high and low speed and pull up to 4000cfm.

ditto... can find a junkyard one for cheap.. got one off a buddy that planned to use it in a YJ.. but he had no room.. so gave it to me to put in my CJ-5 witht he 360.. it'll fit perfectly...

hugh
07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I am running the flex a lite fans and they work OK, By the way they are electric. The biggest fault I could I could find with them was the cheesy temp sender. On mine they had a little half moon shaped rubber gasket that had a groove in it for the sending unit wire for their thermostat and you put it under the top rad hose. Real poor set up, when I installed it and tightened the rad hose clamp on the warm up the rad hose slowly slipped loose as pressure built up. Now it is simply wired up so the fans run when the engine is running. One of the best things was the purchase of a water pump from this site. Also one one of my buddies runs the taurus fan and it does push a lot of air and it also draws a lot of power to run it. I forget how much but its something like 40 amps or more.

mike4089
07-25-2008, 03:55 PM
i went ahead and bought the flex a lite fans...and they move alot of air and seem to be working perfect so far....my temp sensor was the kind you slip into the radiator fins not into the hose

1980_Cj7
07-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Our Flex-a-lite controller probe was supposed to go in the radiator fins too, but we stuck it in the top side of the top radiator hose. I skimmed some silicone around it before putting the hose on and tightening the clamp. It's never leaked a dropped. Wish I could say that for the other end where it goes on the thermostat housing!

Bulltear Ad