Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
06-01-2008, 04:38 PM
http://members.cox.net/mudrat-jeeper/diferences.jpg

Sorta 'splains it . . . :razz:

jeepsr4ever
06-02-2008, 11:08 AM
McCain is a war hero thats for sure but do we really need another president? :?:

Mudrat
06-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Required by the Constitution, just wish we had one worth voting for.

However, McCain is the lesser of all evils when you look at hte spending plans the "other" candidates have for our tax dollars. can YOU really afforde Canadian style health care? Or do you want to provide 50% of what you earn to those that sit on their ass and do nothing but bitch??

Ibby
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I do like Canadian health care, but you're right that the useless portion of the country get an unfair ride and working Joes wind up paying for it. I'd love to see it run in a similar way but more like insurance in that you must pay into it to get the benefit. All our social programs have the same problem. The lazy can sit on their ass and collect free money for doing nothing. I know a girl here who quit a not too bad job and had a couple extra kids so she could make more money by just sitting on her ass. Burns me up when lazy people do this. I'd love to see a system like a lot of European countries have where you do a year of military service after your schooling's finished before you head out to college or the work force. People might develop a bit of discipline if they had to pull their weight for a bit in their lives.

Mudrat
06-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd love to see a system like a lot of European countries have where you do a year of military service after your schooling's finished before you head out to college or the work force. People might develop a bit of discipline if they had to pull their weight for a bit in their lives.
I agree!! The Sweeds have a plan that I endorse (mando 2yr hitch). Even the REMF's have to do "their time" as enlisted before they have certain rights. My host couple, when I was there, the man was an artillery officer in coastal defense - just got his commission as a batery commander, his wife was still enlisted but finishing her 2 year enlisted hitch before she could go to college (a benifit of the government). They were GREAT people to be with!! :t:

fifesjeep
06-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I totally agree... Our society is weak at-best... It's a direct result of our changing ways and lowering standards.... This is evident almost everywhere you go... And the kicker is, the people who do work and bust their asses get more work piled onto their own from the others who know that they still get a paycheck for doing nothing... Sad times man!!!
We actually had a debate in the shop about "Americans" in the beginning of the week... And my stand point was... (I got flammed but my point came across and they're slowly realizing it).
There are next to no "Americans" left in this country besides the ones that come from other countries striving to make a new life for themselves and for their family... These people come to the States to live the "American Dream"... Which we (Born US Citizens) take for granted and have forgotton what our relatives had to go through in-order for us to live the way that we do...They had to wake-up early, they actually worked all day for minimum wage and a lot of times they got paid less than the minimal wage and they didn't complain about it... because it was better than what the had previously known... I'm a firm believer in a hard/strong work-ethic... I take pride in the things I do and I expect others to follow suite, if they can't handle the load then it's time for them to hit the road... I won't lower my standards for nobody... family/friends/strangers... they're all the same and will be held to the same standards... regardless. I would rather pick-up 2 or 3 mexicans coming to America striving to live the American Dream who will bust their asses day in and day out without question, always be on time and do the job of 5 to 6 "Americans"... My cousins in Germany have always said since I can remember that "You Americans are spoiled and weak"... I used to take offense to this and now I realized that they couldn't be more dead on... Don't get me wrong as there are still a few real Americans that remain that share the American Pride... that work hard on a daily basis and have calloused hands that struggle to survive... My buddy says if you want to find a real American go to the poorist part of the States, find that guy/girl who works 18 hours a day to support his family and still shouts American Pride...
POLITICS destroyed the greatest of Empires/societies etc... and Politics are currently destroying us in every aspect... this is a direct result of greed... and having all of the WRONG People in the Right Places and all of the Right People in the Wrong Places... (That's the sole rule of politics).. this way "They" can manipulate the people/system...
Politics... Once again where are all of the worthy Politicians??? Where are the people that see it for how it is??? Why aren't they running??? What happens to them when they run or attempt to run??? We all know that Obama isn't right for the Job neither is his running mate Richardson, Hillary... WTF... is there anymore that needs to be said... We Needs a JFK, Reagan, NIXON... We need a realist who will tell you how it is... what needs to be done and then go do it... and do it for the right reasons... not for future politcs or agendas... the way that this country is going we might as-well be a communist country... not much will change :idea: As is we're a Capitalist society... next comes the communist society... Can somebody tell me the difference between the two and then compare those with how our country is being ran/directed? Maybe I'm looking into this a little too far or maybe I'm seeing it for what it is but there's so much gray out there that has us standing in the fringe right where "they" want us so they have more leeway to do what they want when they want no-matter if the constitution states other-wise... Ignorance is bliss and without out knowledge we are a mindless cult being marched/directed like puppets. The puppet master pulls the strings and we go along for the ride without hesitation... Wake up America... Re-claim what is yours!!!... Our way of life is our Right!!!! But then again We bring this all upon ourselves, when will we get the right people for the job????

Bulltear Ad