PDA

View Full Version : a bit redundant?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
"As a police officer for 20 years in the State of Florida I have yet to be available as a crime against a person was being committed. It is only reasonable to realize the criminal with a gun is not going to do his deed while law enforcement is in view or near the scene.
If citizens cannot defend themselves of the situation at the time of the incident the police are only there to take the report and attempt to locate the criminal which caused the incident. I and my sons all are concealed licensed and do practice carrying at all times for the safety of our families. We cannot allow the courts to remove this right to bear arms or we will be open targets for any criminals." ---Bristol, Florida

"Everyone who is eligible should buy a gun and learn how to use it. This would send a clear message to the crooks and the Democrats." ---Maitland, Florida

Editor's Reply: Saying "crooks and Democrats" is a bit redundant, don't you think?
:wink: =D>

Ibby
06-02-2008, 08:17 PM
I wish we had such gun laws here. Just getting a gun of any kind takes a huge amount of time and effort. If you want anything special like a restricted weapon or pistol, a lot of praying is involved. Prohibited weapons are a no go at all. Even mag limits are screwy, no more than 5 rounds unless it's .22 cal rimfire.
I played airsoft for a while and it's near impossible to get one of those guns because replicas are illegal here, and they count as replicas. Seems like the soccer moms have won.

Mudrat
06-03-2008, 05:36 PM
I wish we had such gun laws here. Just getting a gun of any kind takes a huge amount of time and effort. If you want anything special like a restricted weapon or pistol, a lot of praying is involved. Prohibited weapons are a no go at all. Even mag limits are screwy, no more than 5 rounds unless it's .22 cal rimfire.
I played airsoft for a while and it's near impossible to get one of those guns because replicas are illegal here, and they count as replicas. Seems like the soccer moms have won.
Amen Brother!! I have friends in Canada both in and out of the military and I hear all the time how they have to wait and pray. I have one very good friend on the CN Shooting Team and he had to wait 7 months to get a competitive rifle (and it was only a C-7 derivative like our AR-15 111!!! )!!!
Lord knows when/IF Osama gets elected we'll have the same issues for personal defense. Unfortunately we don't have a very good candidate for Pres right now. What McCain offers us in Second Amendment right, he takes away from us in Imigration and 10th and 14th Amendments. :oops:

Bulltear Ad