PDA

View Full Version : Early 77 Jeep CJ7 Heater Pictures

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

arhame
06-05-2008, 04:00 PM
If anyone happens to have an early 77 CJ7 with the factory heater, could you possibly post a picture of your heater box under the dash? In particular, I'm looking to see the way that the defroster hose connects into the heater box. There are two openings, and according to the service manual, the defroster hose should connect to the opening that is on the passenger side, and the opening on the driver side appears to be open. HOWEVER, the fresh air intake box sits right on top of that passenger side opening and it looks to be impossible to attach anything to it.

This is the heaterbox that has the blower motor on the INSIDE of the passenger compartment.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

highlandercj-7
04-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I blocked my driver side port off and ran the hose up from the pass side port. I had heat coming out of both ports and I was loosing half of it under the dash. It works alot better with one port plugged. IMHO this is the best heating unit in a CJ ever. It's easy to work on and the blower motor stays out of the elements. I can try to get you some pics if you need them. I recently purchased another one like it for my CJ-8 project, so it's out and in my barn.

Bulltear Ad