PDA

View Full Version : Time to grow up...

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
06-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Well, I have always driven old cars in an attempt to save a buck here and there. Well last the night before last my engine in my Q45 felt like it was only running on 6 of 8 cylinders and lost a bunch of pwer. Then I noticed a slow leak in a tire, so as I was filling it up, I noticed a 3" gash where the tread was seperating from the sidewall - NOT safe.

Then if you add in that I had only slept ~8 hours in three days (fired a whole department at work, so have been scrambling to rebuild that department and working crazy long hours), so when I had 8 hours off (was supposed to go home and sleep), I made a detour. Four hours later, I was driving home in this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/jbrunsonjr/Jeep/JeepFront6-7-08.jpg
It's a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, V8 (could only afford the 4.7), 4X4 and Navigation. :lo1l: Wow, so this is what big kids feel like, huh? :!:

And it fits perfectly in it's new home:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/jbrunsonjr/Jeep/JeepBack6-7-08.jpg

I was going to get a wrangler, butfor the same price, they had this bad boy, so I went for it! I guess everyone wants a drop top for summer and no one wants a big SUV due to gas prices. Who cares - my gain! :? :? :?

I left my camera at work, so these are from my camera phone. I will bring it home and snap some better pics soon. Now bring on the eighty-five years worth of payments.... #-o

fifesjeep
06-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm not a big fan of the New looks with the Grand Cherokee Laredos :idea:

Lifted79CJ7
06-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a love it or hate it look. You can see the german in it from Diamler (unfortunately). I love it though, turns a lot of heads...

jeepsr4ever
06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Congrats! Looks good...I bet that AC is blowing hard this week :?:

BREK
06-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Nice :t: if you need any accessories or anything let me know, I'm a parts guy at a jeep stealership :mrgreen:

crabshaver
06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Is it trail rated? :?

Lifted79CJ7
06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Is it trail rated? :?

You better believe it!! :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
06-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Jack do you still have a 401 block for me?

Lifted79CJ7
06-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Yup - Sitting in my garage!

jeepsr4ever
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
:t: Your the man! Let me know when its in the way :idea:

Lifted79CJ7
07-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Nice :t: if you need any accessories or anything let me know, I'm a parts guy at a jeep stealership :mrgreen:

Hey Brek,
I might be looking for a trailer hitch and the associated wiring soon. Think you could check on this for me? Also, I saw another GC and it looked like it had a different rear bumper due to the hitch - think you might be able to find out if I might need a new bumper or not?
You tha man!!
Jack

BREK
07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I'd be happy to shoot you a price on the hitch & wiring, all I need is the year of your vehicle. As for the rear bumper you do not need a different one, along with the hitch you need a trim bezel for it. The trim bezel comes with a template for trimming your bumper cover.

Blown7
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Hey Brek,
I might be looking for a trailer hitch and the associated wiring soon. Think you could check on this for me? Also, I saw another GC and it looked like it had a different rear bumper due to the hitch - think you might be able to find out if I might need a new bumper or not?
You tha man!!
Jack

Wow I missed all this????

Where was I??

COngrats on the new ride!!!

BTW I have a brand new Mopar Class III hitch for that.......
let me know if your interested.

Jeff

Blown7
08-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm not a big fan of the New looks with the Grand Cherokee Laredos :idea:

Haahhhaaa
you really don't have to be when all you see is this end of mine at 160MPH

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Blown7/Apr172007001.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Blown7/IMGP1172.jpg

J

jeepsr4ever
08-09-2008, 06:45 PM
:shock:

fifesjeep
08-10-2008, 07:42 AM
It's Given that 160 mph is impressive but, it'll never sway my opinions about the lack of good lines and looks that these newer Jeeps support. Besides, if I want to go fast I'll jump in the 68 olds 442 and pull along side you at 160 mph put the pedal to the floor and wave bye bye... :!: Sure, Your Jeep probably rides nice and tight at that speed as the Olds feels like a boat on a pond but then again I like the smooth sway action... :shock: I quess the Navy installed that feeling in me... 111!!!

Goose
08-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Well I guess Im beat.. the Mini Cooper S shuts off at 149..

but gets 40 mpg :mrgreen: doing it..

BREK
08-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Well I guess Im beat.. the Mini Cooper S shuts off at 149..

but gets 40 mpg :mrgreen: doing it..

:shock: :shock: Holy crap my 97' 2wd s-10 4.3l with a hypertech power programmer shuts off at 128 and only gets about 14-16mpg :smile: guess I'm stuck being the slowpoke around here :?:

jeepsr4ever
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
I like those mini goobers! I escpecially like the ones with the British flag. They crush very well under my CJ :?: :?:

J/K there Goose

Goose
08-17-2008, 03:45 PM
yea..Wheel chocks.. But god are they fun.. You guys gotta remember, I drive 70 miles up colorado Hwy 6 in the clorado rockies..(a fun twisty canyon thats 36 miles long.. From Denver to Central City.. )every day.. the wrangler and the J-10 are ok.. but man spankin bEEEEmmers and the Ricer kids in their hondas is tooo much fun. I had a kid trying to catch me in the canyon in his Civic.. couldnt corner.. so he hit the nitrous on EVERY straight section.. still never came close, I bet those little aluminum pistons were glowing when he got done.

(Oh did I mention that I have raced Formula Fords and GP bikes since the Honda CB750F was the hottest thing on wheels?) :mrgreen: :wink:

Some days I am an evil old fart.. Other days just plain rotten.

Lifted79CJ7
08-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Good Lord, how did I miss all these posts? Yeah, I love the GC, but it is WAY underpowered with the 4.7 for my liking. I am one of those like to spin all four tires/so much power you almost make Hersey Squirts every time you mash the gas kinda guys. Oh, and drop me a PM - I might be interested in that trailer hitch if I decide not to make a rear bumper myself.

Word to ya motha'.

Vanilla Ice

Lifted79CJ7
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Finally installed the CB and 90% wired up a sub and amp. Also took it out wheeling for the first time this weekend. Here's a shot with a little mud on her while on the way home:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/jbrunsonjr/Jeep/e99ce9f9.jpg

Saturday morning horsing around with my buddy Mike in his back yard before tailgating for the Tennessee game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJ9wEetDF8

Jack

Bulltear Ad