PDA

View Full Version : warm motor will not start

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mike4089
07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
starting the 360 when cold is a breeze the elctric choke works great but once the motor is warm and running for a bit it will not start back up again...i have to crank it over and over and pump the hell out of the gas pedal....any ideas???

tufcj
07-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Might be boiling the fuel out of the carb bowls when it sits. My AMX did it until I added a 1/2" phenolic spacer under the carb. It insulates the carb from manifold heat (especially if you have an aluminum manifold with the heat crossover still in place).

Bob
tufcj

mike4089
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
it is an edlebrock aluminum mainofold...the torquer one...where is the heat cross over on it??

tufcj
07-07-2008, 07:54 AM
The heat crossover is internal to the heads/manifold. It looks like an additional intake port dead center on the head/manifold. The passage runs right under the carb, and is supposed to warm the fuel for better cold weather drivability.

I cut a piece of an old valley pan and blocked the passage on my AMX (of course it means pulling the manifold and replacing the valley pan). That and the spacer fixed my hot start problem.

Bob
tufcj

killahxft_jeep
07-25-2008, 12:26 AM
The heat crossover is internal to the heads/manifold. It looks like an additional intake port dead center on the head/manifold. The passage runs right under the carb, and is supposed to warm the fuel for better cold weather drivability.

I cut a piece of an old valley pan and blocked the passage on my AMX (of course it means pulling the manifold and replacing the valley pan). That and the spacer fixed my hot start problem.

Bob
tufcj

my 360 had a hot cranking problem.. turned out to just be the starter itself.. I installed the edelbrock performer intake.. the carb needs to be primed almost every time before I start up.. putting in a spacer tomorrow to help reduce the priming (pumping the gas) to start the jeep...

Bulltear Ad