PDA

View Full Version : motor mount lift???

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepcj7304
07-08-2008, 03:52 AM
i want to lift the engine up about 1 inch in the engine compartment so i can lift the trans 1 inch also. no one makes a motor mount lift for a jeep V8 can i just put spacers between the mount on the engine and the block. or will this cause not enough room between the mounts for the motor? im trying to do this without having to weld anything. any ideas?

tufcj
07-08-2008, 07:28 AM
You can't just use spacers because of the angle of the mounts. Spacers would mis-align the bolts on the mounts, so you'd have no way to bolt it down. Maybe some creative spacers with recessed bolts heads and holes for the factory nuts?

I think an easier option would be to re-drill the holes in the frame or maybe modify the mount where it attaches to the block. If you re-drill the frame, be sure to add sleeves in the holes so the frame isn't crushed when you tighten the bolts.

Don't forget you may also have to raise the radiator if you don't have a body lift, and the t-case linkage will be tight.

Bob
tufcj

jeepcj7304
07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
i have a 2 inch body lift on the jeep it is in. my thought was spacers between the block and the mount itself because i could easily install longer bolts.

Bulltear Ad