PDA

View Full Version : 360 Engine Kit from Ebay?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

RAMBLINFSJ
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anybody bought this kit and if so how's the quality?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories___360-AMC-Jeep-master-engine-kit-race-cam-HI-COMPRESSION_W0QQitemZ190239189928QQddnZPartsQ20Q26 Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item19 0239189928

jeepsr4ever
07-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Personally I wouldnt buy a bottle of water from Maddog/Falcon global/Fast engine parts. They dont seem to care about quality or the hobby they are just out to make a quick buck and bail. Many mfgs have pulled the pin on them.

My .02 :D

The kit looks ok...a little expensive but ok. When you bring your block to a machine shop you definately dont bring in freeze plugs and other small block hardware...thats just not how a shop likes to operate so their are many parts you may not need in the kit.

RAMBLINFSJ
07-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Personally I wouldnt buy a bottle of water from Maddog/Falcon global/Fast engine parts. They dont seem to care about quality or the hobby they are just out to make a quick buck and bail. Many mfgs have pulled the pin on them.

Did you mean their customer service quality? The kit just looks like name brand parts put together in one kit. So surely the parts are fine? Also with the kit, it states that machine work is required for the "Dual matching valve springs". What machine work do you think is required? I've read that with bigger cams that the valve guides need to be shortened so the spring retainer does not hit them. Is that what they mean or does the head itself need machining? Thanks for the help so far.

jeepsr4ever
07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
You wont need anything special for that hydraulic camshaft. The reason I dont like them is that they keep making daughter companies and selling parts just over cost. This in part with the fact that after several calls and email warnings to them about faulty parts that will ruin AMC engines they continue to sell these parts. Several calls and emails and facts stating to them why, what and how these parts are damaging engines they dont care its only a buck to them.

RAMBLINFSJ
07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Well that does raise the ol' red flag. What kind of damage is occuring? I trust what your saying because every person that I've heard from that has done business with Bulltear is pleased with your products. I get excited when I see a performance kit for a 360 and it always seems to have a catch to it. Is there any performance kits for a 360 out there form a trusted vender.

jeepsr4ever
07-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Everything in that is in that kit is fine. The other parts they offer especially the MSD knock off procomp distributors are horrible.

Bulltear Ad