PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a 'non wire reinforced' lower radiator hose?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

tankcj
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm replacing my lower V8 radiator on my CJ and the current one has a wire coil (looks like a spring) that keeps the hose from collapsing during high rpm. I cannot find a replacment that has the coil in it and the coil I have in the current hose is disintegrating. Has anyone installed/run the 'non wire reinforced' hose without any problems?...

kris
07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
10 years and no problems.

Water doesnt compress. In order for a bottom hose to colapse, the coolant needs somewhere to go elsewhere in the system. Unless you have air in the system or a faulty pressure cap letting coolant escape, it should not be a problem...

k.

tankcj
07-30-2008, 02:38 PM
10 years and problems?...that's encouraging for sure!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a Flowkooler pump.

I don't think it is water compressing that is the problem. I think that at high rpm the pump sucks more water than the radiator may deliver so a vacuum is created that causes the hose to collapse...maybe someone can confirm/deny this?

AMX69PHATTY
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, thought radiator flow resistance is what collpases the hose.
Wonder if a person has to buy a hose for some other vehicle that comes with a spring and take it out of that one ?
The new lower radiator hoses with factory type markings American Parts Depot sells for the cars still come with a spring in them.

Bulltear Ad